Print Page | Close Window

GP SP Update - SQL Speed Issues

Printed From: Microsoft Dynamics Forums
Category: Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
Forum Name: GP - Installation and Administration
Forum Discription: Installation, Upgrade, Service Pack, Security, Database, Administration, SQL Server, Login Issues, System Errors, Performance, EDI, Business Portal, and related topics
URL: http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=6966
Printed Date: February 19 2020 at 9:15pm

Topic: GP SP Update - SQL Speed Issues
Posted By: JaysonMRA
Subject: GP SP Update - SQL Speed Issues
Date Posted: June 19 2014 at 10:35am
Ok, so GP was installed in house prior to my coming on board with my company.  We are having issues with the application and the contracted company who worked with us on this app has upgraded us to the newest Service Pack to resolve the issues.  

My problem is that during the upgrade, it took over an hour for each company database that we had to upgrade.  We currently have 7 company databases.  In discussing this with the contract company, since they are not IT professionals but accounting professionals, they didn't know why this took so long as they said other clients don't have that problem but they do remember that when they did the original install, it took forever to migrate our databases from FRx to GP.  

So my question is, what about the server we have this on could cause issues like this with an update?  The server is about a year old, 64-bit with 16GB of RAM and an Intel 2.6GHz Xeon processor.  I can't believe there is a speed issue due to components.  We are running Server 2008 R2 with SQL Management 2008 and GP is the only SQL database on the server.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Print Page | Close Window