Print Page | Close Window

Bank Tranfer/Indexing Issue

Printed From: Microsoft Dynamics Forums
Category: Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
Forum Name: GP - Installation and Administration
Forum Discription: Installation, Upgrade, Service Pack, Security, Database, Administration, SQL Server, Login Issues, System Errors, Performance, EDI, Business Portal, and related topics
URL: http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4531
Printed Date: February 19 2020 at 9:49pm

Topic: Bank Tranfer/Indexing Issue
Posted By: jmottolo
Subject: Bank Tranfer/Indexing Issue
Date Posted: June 15 2010 at 10:12am

Does anyone have any thoughts on resolving this:

·         We had an issue processing the Bank Transfer using an User ID which was corrupt, causing the transfer to be duplicated in the from checkbook (although you can’t see it twice it did decrease the checkbook balance twice) but it was listed in the GL correctly in both checkbook accounts. .

·         We ran checklinks on all modules, as well as Financial Reconciliation. 

·         We deleted the user id through Great Plains

·         We voided the Bank Transfer but, since the GL was correct before we voided the transfer we did a general journal entry to reverse the entry created when we voided the transfer. 

·         When we drill into the original Bank Transfer we see the correct detail.  But, there is another transaction in the from Checkbook with the same transaction ID that shows as a deposit for $500,000, which when you look at the detail it shows a transfer which was done earlier in the month.

·         When we drill into the detail on the checkbook of the original transaction we see the correct detail in both Checkbooks.  But, in the checkbook the transfer is coming from there is an additional transaction, which I mentioned above that is not correct.  When I drill into the void on the GL, for both accounts, I get this error:

·         As of 4/30/10 the GL is correct for both checkbooks. 

·         The bank reconciliation is off to the GL in April even though these transactions were entered in May for both checkbooks  The bank reconciliation for the from checkbook is off by $1,000,000 (2x the transfer amount).  The bank reconciliation for the to checkbook is off by $3,636.91.

·         The from checkbook account was opened in 2009 and when we look at the checkbook summary it appears that the opening balance is ($500,000).  The GL to Checkbook balances had been reconciled each month with no discrepancies.   

·         The “beginning balance” of the to checkbook, which was opened in 2004, is also not correct.  This had also been reconciled each month with no discrepancies.

·         When we drill into the detail of the void in the Bank Reconciliation module we get the detail for a different Bank Transfer. 

This leads me to believe that there is some sort of indexing issue.

Thank you,
Joe 

-------------
jmottolo

Print Page | Close Window