Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Account Restriction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Account Restriction
    Posted: December 07 2006 at 1:38pm
Hey all

I have a special case in which I want to share with you...may be you can help me in this. I have a customer using Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, and they have multiple branches. After the Gap analysis, we decided to treat the branches as part of the main company ( create one company for all the branches and they will all be linked to the main office ).

Now, we have created on chart of account which contain with an additional segment for the branch. Example: An account starting with 01 reflects main office, an account starting with 02 reflects a branch, etc...

Now the issue is that we need to prohibit the users of the branches from accessing the main office accounts permamently. That is an accountant from a branch 02 should not access other branches or the main office accounts.

What is the best way to achieve such inquiry???

Thank you in advance

Take Care
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
Sponsored Links

JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 11:21pm
Hi Joseph,

Gues what - here is another optional module that you may be interested in. I think you need "Account level security"

You can go into your normal Dynamics and set up an Organisational Structure (Tools>Setup>System). When that is in place you can go to Cards>System>Organisational Tree to populate the structure.

However, to restrict accounts based on this structure you will need the module. You could write VBA to pick up the user class and control access to the accounts, but you will have a problem with posts from submodules.
Have fun!
John
Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2006 at 2:13pm

Thank you for the reply...john

Well, I have checked things concerning this matter, and you are right...there is no other way unless the customer buys this module...unfortunately he doesn't have it...

Anyhow, the plan would be for them to buy it instead of me creating things in VBA..especially that I am into development at this period...hehe

Take Care
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
netneny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netneny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2006 at 3:44am
as i under stand your situation. you have two option first account level security and secound is you have to write an vba code against that account selection i mean on lookup if user from 01 then he can select that account and if 02 then that account.
Get Knowledge & Distribute Knowledge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic