Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ERROR: Reports dictionary needs to be upd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ERROR: Reports dictionary needs to be upd
    Posted: November 22 2006 at 1:32pm

Have about 8 users on Dynamics 8.0, using a shared reports dictionary.  (Server OS is Win 2000 SBS, SQL 2000).  All was working fine, then I needed to change one user's machine so had to do a new install of DYN on that box.  After the install, I get an error upon login to DYN that says the reports dictionary needs to be updated.  DYNAMICS.SET file does point to the correct shared dictionary which all other machines are using without issue.

Reviewed some old tech papers, and think I may have run DYN Utilities at the wrong point during the install (ie: before installing latest svc pack, etc).  Ran UTILS again, and it says it cannot open the reports.dic file, so it isn't updating.  The path is valid, I can browse to the dic in Explorer... What could be wrong?

Should I uninstall & reinstall, and be sure to load svc packs etc before running Utilities per the papers?... or is there an easier fix?

Thanks,

bugman
Sponsored Links

greatuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greatuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 2:40pm
Looks like you are also in the same situation:
JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 12:01am
Try this approach..
After installing the new machine, copy the entire contents of the Dynamics program folder to the new machine from a working machine. It is not the right way to do it but it works. (Unless there are still entries in the RUN or RUNONCE registry entries on the client machine).
Have fun!
John
bugman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2006 at 7:41am
Will try that on Monday when I get back to the office (and will make a b/u copy of the existing files first!).

THANKS for the help!
Thanks,

bugman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic