Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics NAV, AX and 365 > Navision (NAV)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NAV Dynamics base64 encryption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledgeable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NAV Dynamics base64 encryption
    Posted: April 29 2020 at 3:20pm
Hello, folks.

1. How to disable base64 encryption inside Dynamics NAV?

I am dealing with a problem that NAV dynamics while he stores WCF logs and WCF tracings he actually encrypts some fields.

In particular some id of entities are encrypted and data fields are encrypted as well.

Can anyhow encryption be disabled for NAV client or NAV server that it can store logs with plain text without encryption?

2. I am writing an algorithm in Visual Studio that should estimate performance of basic usage scenarios.

In my algorithm I should store in xml file the states of TransportSend requests that NAV client sends to NAV server.

But some information encrypted in base64 format.

In my algorithm I should modify previous state of TransportSend requests that was stored in external xml file and to modify some parameters in it. After that I should import it back to NAV dynamics.

Problem that some fields, in particular blob data filed, encrypted in base64 format, that I can easily decrypt and to modify.

But when I am trying to encrypt it back with base64 code then NAV dynamics refuses to determine that values.

Can you tell me how I should encrypt values in base64 format form plain text that NAV dynamics can understand and can read further?

Cheers.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic