Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics NAV & Microsoft Dynamics AX > Navision (NAV)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to embed the Cue group page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackclarke818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to embed the Cue group page
    Posted: April 14 2017 at 8:10pm
I have worked on all version from 2009 R2 to 2016 but never used the Cue Groups in any of my projects. I have seen some Role Center Pages which shows a Count embedded in a Graphical representation with various Colors & Icons which in Navision called as CUE GROUPS.As I have seen CUE Groups gives a very good impact when a Role Center is opened using Web Client.
Can anyone can give suggestions on how to embed the Cue group page by creating it for Sales Order & Sales Invoice. So that it gives a Graphical representation on my Role Center Page.
Sponsored Links

jamiebarlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiebarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2017 at 9:18pm

Here are the steps to work with CUE GROUPS in Dynamics NAV 2016

Step 1 – Creating a Role Center Page for Cue Group

Among different options available in Dynamics NAV one of the frequently used option is of Type – RoleCenter, similar to the dashboards, CUE GROUPS page type should also be ListPart or CardPart to integrate it with a RoleCenter Page. RoleCenter Page can be created from Navision Development Environment like other pages.

Step 2 – Creating a table for CUE group page

Cue groups shows the information in the form of numbers (i.e. an Integer), So this table for Cue Group needs to have fields with type numbers, and this fields shows the data which flows from various other tables (For example Field Type – Flow Field which shows Count from Sales Header of type “Order)

Step 3 – Creating a CUE Group page

For creating a Cue Group page, Create a new page and create a Container for the Page which is the main portion of the page, Inside the Container Create a Group whose Sub-type would be –CUEGROUP, field on the page should be the fields from table created in Step 2.

Step 4 – Initiating the Flow Fields for CUE GROUP

Once the page is created, a code for initiating the flow fields for the very first usage of the table should be written on the Page “OnINIT” trigger.

Check out this video: https://www.paragyte.com/blog?blogId=65&How-to-work-with-Cue-groups-in-dynamics-NAV-2016-for-Role-Center-Pages%3F

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic