Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Invalid cursor value passed to sfetch1 on login.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invalid cursor value passed to sfetch1 on login.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invalid cursor value passed to sfetch1 on login.
    Posted: March 04 2015 at 5:56pm
When logging into dynamics 2015 I receive the following error:

Programming Bulletproof Error 10262

Invalid cursor value passed to sftech1(). Please make sure cursor value is greater than 0. Also verify that this cursor has been passed to sql().

This screen appears right after the dynamics logo and right before I'm prompted to enter my User ID and Password.

Any thoughts?

My guess is that this has something to do with logging into the database behind the scenes but I have no idea how to fix it. I'm a developer, so I can handle advanced instructions.

Thanks!
Dane
Sponsored Links

adaptable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adaptable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 2:26pm
Hi Dane

We are having the same error after upgrading to SL 2015 - did you ever find a resolution to this?

Thanks!!
Anna
thedeeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 3:23pm
I think it had to do with synchronizing security. We might have had to recreate the master account first. 
cwahl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2016 at 8:46am
I have received the same error in the Fixed Asset module when running the Process in the Asset Disposal SL screen. Will synchronizing security resolve this error?

KSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2016 at 8:43am
Hi,
How did you fix this issue?  I am getting the same error when i log into Dynamics SL 2015.

Thank You
KSD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2016 at 8:44am
Hi,
How did you fix this issue?  I am getting the same error when I log into Dynamics SL 2015.

Thank You
McCarthyCo_Val View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyCo_Val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2016 at 7:55am
1) Open Dynamics SL database maintenance.

2)connect to the SQL server with the fetch logon error for dynamics, then select the system database.

3) click the "set authentication type" button to "Windows authentication (recommended)", click ok. After that has completed, I always like to select the last item on the list on the right hand side, which should say "synchronize selected application database ownership & security" (if in 2015) or "Synchronize all database ownership & security" (if lower) then click "update database".

4) close  Dynamics SL database maintenance.

5) repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 as "SQL authentication"

6) If you use SQL authentication, STOP READING you dont need to do the next step, but if you use Windows, run the first 3 step again.

this will clear the logon error for 2015.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic