Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP SP Update - SQL Speed Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaysonMRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP SP Update - SQL Speed Issues
    Posted: June 19 2014 at 10:35am
Ok, so GP was installed in house prior to my coming on board with my company.  We are having issues with the application and the contracted company who worked with us on this app has upgraded us to the newest Service Pack to resolve the issues.  

My problem is that during the upgrade, it took over an hour for each company database that we had to upgrade.  We currently have 7 company databases.  In discussing this with the contract company, since they are not IT professionals but accounting professionals, they didn't know why this took so long as they said other clients don't have that problem but they do remember that when they did the original install, it took forever to migrate our databases from FRx to GP.  

So my question is, what about the server we have this on could cause issues like this with an update?  The server is about a year old, 64-bit with 16GB of RAM and an Intel 2.6GHz Xeon processor.  I can't believe there is a speed issue due to components.  We are running Server 2008 R2 with SQL Management 2008 and GP is the only SQL database on the server.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic