Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synchronize All Ownership & Security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgoddard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synchronize All Ownership & Security
    Posted: June 05 2013 at 7:11am

Can someone tell me exactly what the "Synchronize All Ownership & Security" update does in a Dynamics SL environment with Windows authentication enabled?  We occasionally have strange problems that this update will fix, but we find we need to get everyone out to be able to run it.  Not convenient with 60+ users normally logged in and nearly 7 x 24 operations.  With more details about what this update does, we could perhaps do point fixes on individual user logins rather than everything at once.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

TP2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TP2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 7:48pm
It make makes SQL account master60sp or master80 owner of all databases, and saves in master60sp or master80 password in one table in Solomon system database.

What strange problems you encounter before you run this update?
tgoddard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgoddard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 9:34pm
I don't see either master login.  I don't believe they are used the same way in a Windows authentication environment.  Any other info?
Thanks
rapidcycler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapidcycler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 11:01am
It also gives permissions, and I think more germaine to your issue, Dynamics accounts other than master60,etc such as (07718158D19D4f5f9D23B55DBF5DF1) and/or (E8F575915A2E4897A517779C0DD7CE). These accounts are system accounts that are authenticated for reports and such against database tables and views instead of the calling user. It also gives the right permissions to the MSDL application role.

We had similar issues. If you have test or development databases on the same SQL server that are Dynamics you should move them.

Thanks,
Andy
faoefiur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faoefiur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 6:47pm

Hurrying my 11-year-old daughter to school, I made a right turn at a red light where it was prohibited.”Uh-oh,” I said, realizing my mistake. “I just made an illegal turn .”“I guess it’s all right.”My daughter replied, “The police car behind us did the same thing,”

long123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2015 at 1:29am
It make makes SQL account master60sp or master80 owner of all databases, and saves in master60sp or master80 password in one table in Solomon system database.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic