Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dynamics sl 7.0 fp1 error 5044

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dynamics sl 7.0 fp1 error 5044
    Posted: March 08 2013 at 9:22am
Hi,

Can anyone assist with the issue iam having please?  Iam using a win xp pro 2002 machine and have installed dynamics sl 7.0 fp1 and sql server 2005, when i try to load dynamics I get the error 5044 invalid dbname, unable to find tables appropiate to the sys or app db.   5003 unable to open the specified serverdb App. I did the dbmaintenance update views and verified the domain and company has the correct db and server name. Since trying to work on this for a few days now with no positive results, i hope that someone else can share some light on this issue.

Most Appreciated

lewis
Sponsored Links

TP2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TP2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2013 at 8:11pm
When do you get the error? Is it right after you enter username and password, or even before when the Login Window shows up? Are you sure you are selecting the System Database (and not Company Database) in the Login window? Are you sure you are connecting to right database? Are you able to connect in Database Maintenance?
lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2013 at 8:37am

Hi,

iam using wins. authentication, I get the error after MsDynamics tries to load.  Yes Iam selecting the correct database.  Yes iam able to connect to database maintenance.

Thank you!
lewis
TP2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TP2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2013 at 5:44pm
Is your domain account linked to user account in Solomon? Do you see that in userrec table in system database? Make sure your account is linked to Public and MSDynamics Role in application and system database. Try giving sql sysadmin role to your domain account and make sure Solomon SYSADMIN is linked to your domain account in userrec table. If nothing works, using Database Maintenance setup SQL authentication and see if you connect using SQL authentication
lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 1:24pm
Thumbs Up    AwwwwSommmmeeeeee!! thank you - had to link my acct to MSDynamics role & use sql authentication for db maintenance, run synch all ownership & secruity. iam now able to access dynamics. you guys & gals are GREAT.

Thanks Again!

Big smile
lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic