Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'
    Posted: October 25 2012 at 8:13am
Are you sure you are entering correct SQL Server instance? Is SL App and SQL Server are installed on the same machine, if not have you checked if firewall is blocking the access to SQL? If firewall is on have you opened appropriate ports for SQL Server? Are you able to creat a test ODBC on App Server to connect to SQL Server?

How to open the firewall port for SQL Server on Windows Server 2008
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968872
Sponsored Links

d_arc View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d_arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2012 at 12:23am

Hi all,

i got this error "9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'" when trying to connect to Dynamics SL 2011 (OS: Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012) from Database Maintenance Screen (98.290.00) (Client OS: Windows 7)

Can some1 help me so i can connect to the server??

Thx in advanced for your valuable answer

Best Regards,
Dar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic