Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dynamic SL FP1 Installation Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValerieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic SL FP1 Installation Error
    Posted: October 22 2012 at 9:32am
I am currently trying to install the Dynamic SL FP1 on a windows server 2008 R2 (64-bit) server that has Dynamic SL SP1. I first removed the Dynamic SL SP1 client, then during the installation for FP1 I receive the error :
"Could not determine the file size for c:\Program Files (x86) \Microsoft Dynamics\SL\Applications\swiamp.tlb"
The installation Process fails and as a result a half install of the application has been made. I can see it in the "add/remove programs" on the program and features of the control panel.
I have tried several different methods to remove this "half-installed" FP1 client.
If I try to uninstall the client from "programs and features" I receive the following message:
"1628: Failed to complete Installation"

If I try to use the installer again (to remove, repair or modify) I receive errors in all three categories.
When I try to modify the program I receive the following hard coded path for the installation:
 "Installing to C:Program FilesDynamicssl"
as a result I receive the error message "Error 1606:Could not access network Location C:Program FilesDynamicssl"
(on a side note, the only component installed is the "Foundation" from Dynamic SL FP1) So I cannot try to reinstall the program, or remove the resulting Foundation components

On both repair and remove I receive the following message:
"Error: -1605 This action is only valid for products that are currently Installed"

I've tried removing the installer from the task manager, removed all the temp fold items.
I am thoroughly stumped on this issue.
Any assistance would useful at this time.

Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2012 at 9:15pm
Please see if the following resolution resolves your issue:

Could not determine the file size" error message during Solomon Client installation
ValerieH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValerieH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 9:15am
Solution:

As I could not modify, repair, or delete the application (since the installation was bad) I downloaded CCLeaner and removed the bad reference from the programs and features (add/remove programs). After doing so I FULLY removed the previous version of Dynamic SL SP1 on the computer,then ran the installation for Microsoft Dynamic FP1. Worked perfectly the path string was correct, and no errors resulted.

Its a cleaner way of installing the new Dynamic SL FP1.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic