Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transferring GPv4 and GPv7 to different server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DailyDilemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transferring GPv4 and GPv7 to different server
    Posted: July 31 2012 at 1:20pm
Thanks for any assistance with this.

Here is my situation...
  • The server we had hosting the files for GPv4 and GPv7 crashed and we've recreated the file share on a different server.
  • Both versions had their data mapped to the network drive H and we've updated the mapped drive so that the file locations still show up the same at the workstations.
  • Despite this, I'm still getting an error somewhat related to "pathnames" but I don't see how the paths could be wrong.

The specific error thrown by both versions is...

• An open operation on table 'SY_Pathnames' has caused an unknown error (3014)

So I have two questions if any of you gurus can help with either...

1. Am I correct in assuming these versions of Great Plains don't have a database backend? I've never seen any connection strings in any settings anywhere.
  2. Is there a chance the abrupt loss of the server left the files in a locked state? If so, any idea how to unlock them?

Once again, thankful for whatever advice you can give.

- Josh
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic