Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Locked out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CdESSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locked out
    Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:27am
Good day all,

I am trying to help my IT director out of a sticky situation. We have an affiliate that lost their CFO, and CEO abruptly. And pretty much took the "keys" with em. We know that they had a MS Dynamics GP solution in place. But other than that we know nothing about the system. We need to gain access/control so that they can continue doing business.

We dont use GP in our own Enterperise. So we dont even know anything about the software. Is it standalone? Or web based service? From what I can find on the net it looks like its installed on a server and attached to an SQL database. So that should mean its in house.

I realize this isnt much to go on, but we are in Southern California and they are Bay area. We have a VPN tying both domains so we have access/control of all their servers. We were in the process of absorbing them as it happened. So we can log into everything.

I guess what i am asking is what is the typical structure of DynamicsGP so that we can filter through and find how to get on it? Any (legal) information as to how we can gain control of everything is appreaciated. I am not asking for any illegal means. We now own or have authority over all of their IT.

(And yes we have sent them demand for this info, to no response. Our administration is handling the proper legal action to resolve in case it takes that long, but we dont really have the time to just sit and wait.)
Sponsored Links

Brian_IL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 12:42pm
Your best bet is to try finding the GP reseller and asking them for assistance, since they should be familiar with that location's setup. I don't work much with GP, but normally you can work around resetting users directly through SQL access.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic