Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Reporting Extensions problem(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Reporting Extensions problem(s)
    Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:42pm

We've been running for about a year now, but I recently configured IFD and Claims-Based Authentication on our CRM 2011 server. We now have a need for the Reporting Services Extensions. I installed the Reporting Extensions on the CRM server, but the Deployment Manager displays the following errors:

• Reporting is not enabled
  • One or more server roles are missing in this deployment
  • One or more organizations in this deployment do not have the latest update

Before I started this fiasco, the only error was “Reporting is not enabled”.

The Databases are on a different SQL 2008 R2 box than CRM itself. I initially attempted to install the CRM Reporting Extensions on the SQL Server (which has SSRS installed), but the setup would not run past the first step. It would get the error “Setup cannot proceed because C:\....SrsDataConnectorSetup.dll cannot be found or is incorrect”. I assumed that this was probably due to the fact that CRM was not installed on the SQL server.

I then proceeded to install SQL Reporting Services on the CRM server and successfully configured it. Additionally, I configured it to use a different database than the default: CRMReportServer. After verifying that SSRS was working properly, I then installed the CRM Reporting Extensions from the CRM Setup DVD image. I pointed it to the SQL Server System for the configuration database. For the SSRS Instance, I “assumed” it’s pointing to the local MSSQLSERVER instance, as that was the only option in the drop down. I selected the default installation directory. Next during the System Checks, it returns a warning “Reports will not be published for some organizations because the Report Server instances used by these organizations differ from the instance selected during Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup”. It then continues with a “Service  Disruption Warning” that the “SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) may have to be stopped or restarted”. I then can Install and it finishes with “The installation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions has been successfully completed”.

I cannot run any reports; when I do so, I got no errors, just blank windows with a “File” tab and “Edit Filter” button. When I bring up the Deployment Manager, I get the errors described at the top here. If I click on “Reporting is not enabled”, I get a message stating “To enable reports, you must first install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions…”. If I click on the “One or more server roles are missing” error, I get a message stating “The following server roles are missing from this deployment: Full Server”. If I go to the Servers node in the Deployment Manager and select the CRM Server, it shows the following Roles: “Full Server, SRS Data Conneector”. When I launch the Configuration Wizard from The Control Panel, “Uninstall/Change”, I select “Configure”, Next, All items are checked, including “Full Server”, Next, (A at th E-mail router server prompt I’ve tried entering the Email router and not entering with the same results). It then runs “System Checks” and I get the Error “The specified user name and password can not logon”. Below is the excerpt from the log file around this error:

15:02:17|   Info| Check IncomingExchangeServerValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check IfdSettingsValidator: Success
15:02:17|  Error| Check ServerClaimsEncryptionCertificateValidator : Failure: The specified user name and password can not logon.
15:02:17|   Info| Group Internet Information Services (IIS)
15:02:17|   Info| Check IIsInstalledValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check IisAdminServiceValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check W3svcServiceValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check NTAuthenticationProvidersValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Group Microsoft SQL Server™
15:02:17|   Info| Check SqlServerAgentValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check SqlInstanceNameValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check CrmSqlDomainValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| SQL Server Version: 10.50.2500.0
15:02:17|   Info| SQL Server Edition: 3
15:02:17|   Info| Check SqlServerValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check SysAdminValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseExistsValidator: Success
15:02:17|Verbose| Retrieving config database version Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=tdssql2k81;Integrated Security=True;Initial Catalog=MSCRM_CONFIG;Connect Timeout=60 ...
15:02:17|   Info| Config database version: 5.0.9688.596.
15:02:17|   Info| Check ConfigDatabaseVersionValidator: Success
15:02:17|   Info| Group Active Directory®
15:02:17|   Info| Check DomainUserValidator: Success

BTW, Did I mention other than the Report functionality, everything else is working normally.

Does ANYONE have any ideas what the deal is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links

dyarns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyarns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:47pm
Sorry, Thought I was posting in the CRM Forum, not the Grea Plains...I'll delete if I can figure out how.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic