Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Client Install error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Client Install error
    Posted: March 13 2012 at 11:15am
I just installed GP 2010 client on a WinXP computer.  When I try to run GP Utilities, I get,
"Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP". 

Before I get blasted with emails - yes, I Googled the error and found all the posts that say what tables should have no entries in them when there are no users in GP.  I don't see how that applies here tho - we have always been able to install the client during the day when of course there are folks logged into the system. 

Any other thoughts?  I will take a peek at those tables this evening after hours and post back if that's it.

Thanks all!

Jeanne
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2012 at 2:25pm

If you are not upgrading any GP companies and only thing you running the GP utilities to let it synchronize account framework, then GP utilities shouldn't show the above error.  Are you sure there was no old companies which weren't upgraded before and everytime you run the GP Utilities it ask you to upgrade the remaining company. I am sure you already cleared the records in the following tables (after making sure all users are out of GP):

DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
DYNAMICS..SY00800
DYNAMICS..SY00801
TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK
TEMPDB..DEX_SESSION
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic