Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ordering kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2shodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ordering kits
    Posted: February 01 2012 at 1:10pm
i have a kit created that consists of 5 components that I buy from several different vendors, I thought once this was created that I would be able to order with po generator the kit part number and it would create the purchase orders for the different vendors that I buy the components from.  It doesn't work!

anyone have any ideas?
New user
Sponsored Links

mmullins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 9:37pm

2shodon,

If I am understanding you correctly, your trying to automate the generation of purchase orders for each of the components in your kit. You may need to customize your po entry for this. From my understanding after doing a similiar project for a client last year, kits are not tracked in inventory and do not have a lot of out of the box GP support besides for sales order entry. Here is a link that may help clarify what I believe your asking http://support.microsoft.com/kb/865156.
2shodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2shodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2012 at 9:00am
thank you very much, that answered all of my questions
New user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic