Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Customization and Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SOM sample Applications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOM sample Applications
    Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:36pm

I am automating Solomon for the first time and i would like to get some sample applications to look at. I have a documentation that explains about how the Solomon Object model works. I would like some sample applications.

I am taking some data from a CSV file and importing them to solomon via the sales order screen. I would really appreciate some help.

thanks.
Sponsored Links

robotovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 1:40pm

oh, i am using VB.Net 2005 to write the codes, but codes in any langage will be apprecaited. I just want a look at the logic.

thanks
Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 9:01am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 4:47pm
I found some good examples in the odject model folder that is on cd1 od solomon 6.0.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 2:30pm
I have completed my appliction and it is now working flawlessly. samples of the code can be produced upon request.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 3:49pm
You can post the samples of the code so that other can also benefit.

Originally posted by robotovich robotovich wrote:

I have completed my appliction and it is now working flawlessly. samples of the code can be produced upon request.
rrosenhagen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrosenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 9:31am
Can you post your code or email a zip of the project?
Rick Rosenhagen | IT Support | Red Carpet Studios

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 8:32am
I will prepare a document outlining the steps I took and sample codes from each section throughout this week. Keep your eyes peeled.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:41am

I just completed University and graduated as one of the top programmers. I am now employed as a software developer to one of Jamaicaís leading software houses. My first project was to automate the sales order import process of Solomon. At first it proved to be quit a challenge as this was my first automation program. Not one to back down from a challenge I started by practicing on MS Excel. Needless to say I was up and running in no time. I then used that knowledge as the base for my project. Finding help material on the Solomon object model proved to be more difficult than the developmental process itself. After weeks of searching I finally got my hands on the Solomon Object Model documentation. Credit is due to the authors of the document as it was well written and straight forward, with adequate sample codes. After reading the documentation I thought it would be a good second step to get my hands on some sample codes. At first the search proved fruitless so I used the sample codes in the SOM documentation as a start. I wrote a good amount of code using this material. Up until this time I have never used the Solomon application before. When I finally got it installed on my computer it made a world of difference. I now had access to sample codes and a host of documentation that came with the installation CDs. I was now better able to follow the documentations, and could now write the codes with much confidence and conviction.

I will not attempt to put the reader to sleep anymore but will now delve into the heart of the matter; codes. My project was to export a CSV file to the Solomon application, particularly the Sales Order application. Before we go any further take a look at the structure of the CSV file.

"HEADER","Company","","Order Type","Customer ID","PO:","Address Type","Ship Complete","Order Date",""

"LINES","Inventory ID","SiteID",Qty,"EACH","Price","Discount","Request date","Drop Ship"

"LINES","Inventory ID","SiteID",Qty,"EACH","Price","Discount","Request date","Drop Ship"

"HEADER","Company","","Order Type","Customer ID","PO:","Address Type","Ship Complete","Order Date",""

Please note that you will have to replace the different fields with actual values to get a real picture. A possible header record might look something like this:

"HEADER","MyCom","","INVC","ABC1234","10/14/2006","C","1","10/21/2006",""

With a detail record resembling:

"LINES","INVT100","STORES",31,"EACH","100.00","10.00","10/14/2006","0"

Now we an idea of what the import file looks like we will now delve into some code. The project was written in VB.NET 2005. For possible code reuse segments of the code were compiled into separate DLLs. Please note that It is not a requirement to compile the different classes into separate DLLs, I just did it as a matter of programming practice. The first class that we will look at is a class I called MenuBar. This class was compiled into a DLL called SolomonToolbar. The class was designed to control the parent application. Using this class you can log in or out of Solomon, and exit the application. The definition of the class can be seen below.

Imports Parent

Imports SWIMAPI

Public Class MenuBar

Private _sivTB As SIVToolbar = New Parent.SIVToolbar

Private loggedin As Boolean = False

Public Function Login(ByVal Server As String, ByVal Database As String, ByVal Company As String, ByVal UserID As String, ByVal Password As String, ByRef ReportsDir As String) As Boolean

Try

_sivTB = New SIVToolbar

_sivTB.Visible = True

_sivTB.Login(Server, Database, Company, UserID, Password)

Login = True

loggedin = True

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Automation client successfully loged into solomon at " + Date.Now.ToString, "", ReportsDir)

Catch ex As System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Runtime Error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

Login = False

Throw ex

Catch ex As Exception

Select Case Err.Number - vbObjectError

'login errors

Case 7500

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "Login Error: Already logged in", ReportsDir)

Case 7501

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "System Database Name > 20 Characters", ReportsDir)

Login = False

Case 7502

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "Wrong System Database Server Database Name", ReportsDir)

Login = False

Case 7503

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "Incorrect Company ID, User ID, or Password", ReportsDir)

Login = False

Case 7504

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "System Database Does Not Exist", ReportsDir)

Login = False

Case 7505

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", "Interactive User ID <> Client Login", ReportsDir)

Login = False

Case Else

CleanUpSIV(ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Login Error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

Login = False

End Select

Throw ex

End Try

End Function

Public Function Logout(ByRef ReportsDir As String) As Boolean

Try

_sivTB.logout()

Logout = True

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Automation client successfully loged out of Solomon as " + Date.Now.ToString, "", ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Logout Error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

Logout = False

Catch ex As Exception

'Possible errors when login out

Case 7506

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Logout Error", "Can't logout: you were not loged in", ReportsDir)

Logout = False

Case 7507

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Logout Error", "Can't log out: Applications still running", ReportsDir)

Logout = False

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Logout Error", "Unknown Exception", ReportsDir)

Logout = False

End Select

Throw ex

End Try

Return Logout

End Function

Public Function CleanUpSIV(ByRef ReportsDir As String) As Boolean

Try

If loggedin Then

_sivTB.Quit()

End If

If Not _sivTB Is Nothing Then

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(_sivTB)

GC.Collect()

GC.Collect()

End If

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Automation client successfully exited Solomon at " + Date.Now.ToString, "", ReportsDir)

CleanUpSIV = True

GC.Collect()

GC.Collect()

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Runtime Error", "Error while closing solomon", ReportsDir)

CleanUpSIV = False

Throw ex

Catch ex As Exception

GC.Collect()

GC.Collect()

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Toolbar close error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

CleanUpSIV = False

Throw ex

End Try

Return CleanUpSIV

End Function

Public ReadOnly Property sivTB()

Get

Return _sivTB

End Get

End Property

End Class

If you are in the least familiar with the Solomon Object Model, the above codes should look familiar to you, but there are lines that I want to discuss. First you might have noticed lines similar to ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Runtime Error", "Error while closing solomon", ReportsDir). ErrorLog is a Errorlog is a class that I developed to keep a track of all the activities of my application. We will have a look at that class shortly. For now I want to draw your attention to another line that can be found in the CleanUpSIV  function. In this function you will notice that I use marshalling to release the com object (System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(_sivTB)). The gargage collector of the .NET framework can only release manages objects, as a result it is possible to have COM objects in memory when you think you have released them. This can cause unforseen behaviour, for example when in the early developmental stage, I kept on getting errors when I tried to exit the application after opening the Sales order Screen and Closing it. Even though it appeared to close successfully it was still in memory, and as a result the parent application could not close. I had to use marshalling to get get over this hurdle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:43am

Let us now take a look at the reporting class called ErrorLog. This class was compiled into a DLL of the same name. The class simple takes the exceptions generated by solomon and write them to a file for administrative purposes. Using this class a new report is generated each day. The naming convention of the file will tell you whch day the report was generated for.

Imports System.Text

Imports System.IO

Public Class ErrorLog

Private Shared reportCSV As String = ""

Private Sub New()

End Sub

Public Shared Sub LogError(ByRef type As String, ByRef errors As String, ByRef errorDir As String)

Dim filee As FileStream = Nothing

Dim fileWriter As StreamWriter = Nothing

Try

Dim r As StringBuilder = New StringBuilder

If Not Directory.Exists(errorDir) Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(errorDir)

End If

r.Append(Date.Today.Month.ToString + Date.Today.Day.ToString + Date.Today.Year.ToString + "Report.txt")

reportCSV = errorDir + "\" + r.ToString

filee = New FileStream(reportCSV, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write)

fileWriter = New StreamWriter(filee)

fileWriter.Write(type + ": " + errors + Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine)

Catch ex As Exception

Trace.WriteLine("Error writing to report file")

Finally

If Not fileWriter Is Nothing Then

fileWriter.Close()

End If

If Not filee Is Nothing Then

filee.Close()

End If

End Try

End Sub

Public Shared ReadOnly Property ReportFilePath()

Get

Return reportCSV

End Get

End Property

End Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:45am

Before I go any further I need to discuss the structure of the import file. The file has header/detail imformation. My view of this header/detail information lead me to design a class that could hold one atomic operation. Each set of detail records belonged to a particular header record. I needed to design a class that could capture this so I came up with this.

Public Class Master

Public HEADER As String

Public CompanyID As String

Public Site As String

Public INVC As String

Public CustomerID As String

Public StartDate As Date

Public c As String

Public ONE As String

Public EndDate As Date

Public details As New ArrayList

End Class

The array list in the class was designed to hold an array of the details record for that particular header record. A class was also developed to represent a detail record.

Public Class Details

Public TAB As String

Public InventoryID As String

Public SiteID As String

Public Qty As Integer

Public EACHz As String

Public Value As Double

Public Discount As Double

Public TransactionDate As Date

Public ZeroValue As Int32

End Class

In order to comply with design regulations I decided to place the retrieving of the CSV file into a data access layer (Multi-tier development). My data access layer was to retrieve the CSV file and transform for it into an object that was easier to work with, an arraylist.

Imports System.IO

Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions

Public Class GetCSV

Private _Transactions As ArrayList = New ArrayList

Private _gotFiles As Boolean = False

Private tryDate As Date = New Date

Public Function GetCSVFile(ByRef file As String) As Boolean

Trace.WriteLine(file)

Dim input As System.IO.FileStream = Nothing 'used to open import file

Dim reader As System.IO.StreamReader = Nothing 'used to read import file

Dim FileObjectArr As ArrayList = New ArrayList 'holds all the master/detail records

'for each customer grouped transaction

'Dim FileObjectRecord As FileObject 'used to temporarily store master records

Dim Inputrecord As String = "" 'holds individual lines of the csv file

Dim record() As String = {} 'holds individual fields when the record is split up

Dim ourFile As System.IO.FileInfo = New System.IO.FileInfo(file)

If ourFile.Exists Then

Try

'Create the filestream to obtain read access to the file

input = New System.IO.FileStream(file, IO.FileMode.Open, IO.FileAccess.Read, IO.FileShare.Read)

reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(input)

FileObjectArr = New ArrayList

'get all the data from the csv file and store the records as

'an object array

Dim HEADER As String = "HEADER"

Dim LINES As String = "LINES"

While Not reader.EndOfStream

Dim FileObjectRec As New FileObject

Inputrecord = reader.ReadLine()

If Not Inputrecord Is Nothing Then

record = Inputrecord.Split(","c)

Trace.WriteLine("record length = " + record.Length.ToString)

Trace.WriteLine("First item in record = " + record(0).ToString)

'When we break up the record into individual data elements

'the data elements has quotes around them, the follwing

'loop removes the quotes leaving clean records

For i As Integer = 0 To record.Length - 1

record(i) = Regex.Replace(record(i), Char.Parse("""").ToString, String.Empty)

Next

If record(0).ToString = HEADER Then

If Not (record.Length < 11 And record.Length > 8) Then

_Transactions = Nothing

Return False

End If

ElseIf record(0) = LINES Then

If record.Length <> 9 Then

_Transactions = Nothing

Return False

End If

Else

_Transactions = Nothing

Return False

End If

'popupate an individual file object

FileObjectRec.Field1 = record(0).Trim

FileObjectRec.field2 = record(1).Trim

FileObjectRec.Field3 = record(2).Trim

FileObjectRec.field4 = record(3).Trim

FileObjectRec.Field5 = record(4).Trim

FileObjectRec.field6 = record(5).Trim

FileObjectRec.Field7 = record(6).Trim

FileObjectRec.field8 = record(7).Trim

FileObjectRec.field9 = record(8).Trim

'add a FileObject to a FileObject Array

FileObjectArr.Add(FileObjectRec) 'array of FileObject's

End If

End While 'by this time all the records in the csv file is in

'an array of FileObjects. We no longer need the file and from now

'on will use the FileObject array.

FileObjectArr.TrimToSize()

Catch ex As FileNotFoundException

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

Catch ex As EndOfStreamException

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

Catch ex As IOException

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

Catch ex As NullReferenceException

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

Catch ex As Exception

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

Finally

If Not reader Is Nothing Then

reader.Close()

End If

If Not input Is Nothing Then

input.Close()

End If

End Try

Else

GetCSVFile = False

_Transactions = Nothing

Exit Function

End If

'by now we should have an array of fileObjects

'so we can now create the master records

':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Try

'We will now loop through all the FileObjects in the array

'and create an array of transaction records. A transaction record

'is all the information belonging to an individual customer.

'Due to the data structure requirements of the Sales Order Application

'the transaction record has master/datail structure

For Counter As Integer = 0 To FileObjectArr.Count - 1

'used to temporarily store items from cvs object array

Dim FileObjectRecord As New FileObject

FileObjectRecord = FileObjectArr(Counter)

'check if record is a master record

If FileObjectRecord.Field1.ToString = "HEADER" Then

'Create new master record

Dim SOMaster As New Master

'and populate its fields

SOMaster.HEADER = CStr(FileObjectRecord.Field1)

SOMaster.CompanyID = CStr(FileObjectRecord.field2)

SOMaster.Site = CStr(FileObjectRecord.Field3)

SOMaster.INVC = CStr(FileObjectRecord.field4)

SOMaster.CustomerID = CStr(FileObjectRecord.Field5)

tryDate = Convert.ToDateTime(FileObjectRecord.field6)

SOMaster.StartDate = CDate(FileObjectRecord.field6)

SOMaster.c = CStr(FileObjectRecord.Field7)

SOMaster.ONE = CInt(FileObjectRecord.field8)

tryDate = Convert.ToDateTime(FileObjectRecord.field9)

SOMaster.EndDate = CDate(FileObjectRecord.field9)

Counter += 1

'check to make sure there are more records

If Counter < FileObjectArr.Count - 1 Then

'temp variable to hold item from csv object array

Dim DetailFileObjectRecord As New FileObject

DetailFileObjectRecord = FileObjectArr(Counter)

'check of object contains information about a

'detail record

If DetailFileObjectRecord.Field1.ToString = "LINES" Then

'capture all the detail record for the particular

'master record

While DetailFileObjectRecord.Field1.ToString = "LINES"

'Create new details object that will be added

'to the master object

Dim Detail As New Details

Detail.TAB = CStr(DetailFileObjectRecord.Field1)

Detail.InventoryID = CStr(DetailFileObjectRecord.field2)

Detail.SiteID = CStr(DetailFileObjectRecord.Field3)

Detail.Qty = Convert.ToInt32(DetailFileObjectRecord.field4)

Detail.EACHz = CStr(DetailFileObjectRecord.Field5)

Detail.Value = CInt(DetailFileObjectRecord.field6)

Detail.Discount = CStr(DetailFileObjectRecord.Field7)

tryDate = Convert.ToDateTime(DetailFileObjectRecord.field8)

Trace.WriteLine("Transaction Date: " + DetailFileObjectRecord.field8)

Detail.TransactionDate = CDate(DetailFileObjectRecord.field8)

Detail.ZeroValue = Convert.ToInt32(DetailFileObjectRecord.field9)

'add new details record to master object

SOMaster.details.Add(Detail)

Counter += 1

If Counter > FileObjectArr.Count - 1 Then

Exit While

End If

DetailFileObjectRecord = FileObjectArr(Counter)

End While

'add master record to transactions array only if valid

'a valid master record must have details record

If SOMaster.details.Count > 0 Then

_Transactions.Add(SOMaster)

Else

_Transactions = Nothing

Return False

End If

Counter -= 1

End If

End If

If _Transactions.Count = 0 Then

_Transactions = Nothing

End If

End If

Next

_Transactions.TrimToSize()

_gotFiles = True

Catch ex As Exception

_Transactions = Nothing

GetCSVFile = False

Exit Function

End Try

Return GetCSVFile

End Function

Private Function CheckLines(ByVal linesRecord() As String) As Boolean

If linesRecord.Length <> 9 Then

Return False

Else

If Not linesRecord(0).GetType Is GetType(String) Then

Return False

End If

End If

End Function

Public ReadOnly Property Transactions()

Get

Return _Transactions

End Get

End Property

Public ReadOnly Property gotFiles()

Get

Return _gotFiles

End Get

End Property

'procedure developed for testing purposes only.

'checking to see if the Transactions arraylist has valid entries.

Public Sub DisplayMasterDetail()

For Each masterRec As Master In Transactions

Debug.WriteLine(masterRec.HEADER.ToString + " " + masterRec.CompanyID.ToString + " " + masterRec.Site.ToString + " " + masterRec.INVC.ToString + " " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + " " + masterRec.StartDate + " " + masterRec.c.ToString + " " + masterRec.ONE.ToString + " " + masterRec.EndDate)

For Each detail As Details In masterRec.details

Debug.WriteLine(detail.TAB.ToString + " " + detail.InventoryID.ToString + " " + detail.SiteID.ToString + " " + detail.Qty.ToString + " " + detail.EACHz + " " + detail.Value.ToString + " " + detail.Discount.ToString + " " + detail.TransactionDate + " " + detail.ZeroValue.ToString)

Next

Next

End Sub

End Class

The above class made use of the following classes:

Public Class FileObject

Public Field1 As Object

Public field2 As Object

Public Field3 As Object

Public field4 As Object

Public Field5 As Object

Public field6 As Object

Public Field7 As Object

Public field8 As Object

Public field9 As Object

End Class

This class was designed to hold the individual fields on each line of the CSV file (look at the structure of the CSV file and you might see why the class is made up of just objects).

If the CSV file is a valid one, the operation should produce an arraylist of Master records (remember that the Master record represents an atomic transaction of header/detail records).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:51am

We are now ready for the real worker module. The import class takes the arraylist of Master records and exports them to Solomon. Throughout the importation process we will loop through the arraylist and save the records to the Solomon. If for any reason we could not save one of the records to Solomon we decided to rebuild a small CSV file with the same structure as the import file. This file could then be corrected in Excel, after which you could use the program to import the corrected file. There is a lot of programming logic so you might want to take you time and go through the following code.

Imports SWIMAPI

Imports SolomonToolbar

Imports System.IO

Imports System.Text

Imports System.Threading

Imports System.Threading.Thread

Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions

Public Class Import

Private _importErrorsNo As Integer = 0

Private errorFileName As String = ""

Private WithEvents salesOrdersApp As SIVApplication

Private sivMenu As MenuBar = New MenuBar

Private CVSMaster As GetCSV.Master = New GetCSV.Master

Private _SOLog As String = "" 'This variable is used to store the

'event log generated by the Sales Order Screen. Even though I capture this

'data I did not use it. I made my own log but you can use it if you want.

'Private Delegate Sub MyDelSub()

'Dim del As MyDelSub

Public ReadOnly Property importErrorsNo()

Get

Return _importErrorsNo

End Get

End Property

Public ReadOnly Property ErrFileName()

Get

Return errorFileName

End Get

End Property

Public Function StartSalesOrderApp(ByVal Server As String, ByVal Database As String, ByVal Company As String, ByVal UserID As String, ByVal Password As String, ByVal App As String, ByRef ReportsDir As String) As Boolean

'start the solomon application

If sivMenu.Login(Server, Database, Company, UserID, Password, ReportsDir) Then

Try

'Open the sales order screen

salesOrdersApp = sivMenu.sivTB.StartApplication(App)

salesOrdersApp.Visible = True

StartSalesOrderApp = True

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Automation client successfully opened Sales Orders Screen at " + Date.Now.ToString, "", ReportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

Throw ex

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7516

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Login context may not have rights to run the application", ReportsDir)

StartSalesOrderApp = False

Case 7517

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "User Limit Exceeded", ReportsDir)

Case 7519

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Unable to start application due to operating system error: specific error number", ReportsDir)

Case 7520

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Unable to start application due to fatal error during form load: specific error number", ReportsDir)

Case 7521

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Initialize mode is on, but user doesnít have rights to run application in Initialize mode", ReportsDir)

Case 7555

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Application did not return an object handle", ReportsDir)

Case 7563

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", "Object Model disabled in application", ReportsDir)

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Start Application Error", ex.Message, ReportsDir)

End Select

Throw ex

End Try

End If

Return StartSalesOrderApp

End Function

Public Function CloseSalesOrdersApp(ByRef errorDir As String) As Boolean

Try

salesOrdersApp.Visible = False

salesOrdersApp.Quit()

System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(salesOrdersApp)

GC.Collect()

CloseSalesOrdersApp = True

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Automation client successfully closed Sales Orders Screen at " + Date.Now.ToString, "", errorDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Runtime Error", "Error closing Sales order applcation " + ex.Message, errorDir)

CloseSalesOrdersApp = False

Throw ex

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Application Closing Error", "Error closing Sales order applcation " + ex.Message, errorDir)

CloseSalesOrdersApp = False

Throw ex

End Try

End Function

View the next post for the rest of the class.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:54am

Public Sub AddSalesOrders(ByRef Transactions As ArrayList, ByRef reportsDir As String, ByRef errorDir As String)

'Dim RandomClass As New Random()

'Dim unique As Integer = RandomClass.Next

'If Not Directory.Exists(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) + "\SO_Automated_Client_Reports\Errors") Then

'    Directory.CreateDirectory(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) + "\SO_Automated_Client_Reports\Errors")

'End If

Dim errorFileNameBuilder As StringBuilder = New StringBuilder

errorFileNameBuilder.Append(Date.Today.Month.ToString + "_" + Date.Today.Day.ToString + "_" + Date.Now.Year.ToString + "_" + Date.Now.Hour.ToString + "_" + Date.Now.Minute.ToString + "_" + Date.Now.Second.ToString + "_" + "ErrorCSV.csv")

errorFileName = errorDir + "\" + errorFileNameBuilder.ToString ' + errorFileNameBuilder.ToString()

Trace.WriteLine(errorFileName)

':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dim DetailError As Boolean = False

Dim transactionPos As Integer = 0

Dim newNeeded As Boolean = False 'if there is something wrong with a header record we will

'simply clear all the controls for the header record and hence they will be blank and we do

'not need to call the new method. This lets us avoid having to respond to the save request

'if we has call the new method

'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dim masterRec As GetCSV.Master = New GetCSV.Master 'used to hold one master record

Dim detail As GetCSV.Details = New GetCSV.Details ' used to hold one detail record

'Master record controls

Dim customerID As SIVControl = Nothing

Dim company As SIVControl = Nothing

Dim orderType As SIVControl = Nothing

Dim CustOrderNo As SIVControl = Nothing

Dim cshiptotype As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim cshipcmplt As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim corderDate As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Trace.WriteLine("Initializing saf controls")

'Dim customerID As SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("ccustid_0")

'Dim company As SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cCpnyID_0")

'Dim orderType As SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("csotypeid_0")

'Dim CustOrderNo As SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("ccustordnbr_0")

'Dim cshiptotype As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cshiptotype_0")

'Dim cshipcmplt As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cshipcmplt_0")

'Dim corderDate As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = salesOrdersApp.Controls("corddate_0")

''Details record controls

Dim inventoryID As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim siteID As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim qty As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim cunitdesc As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim unitPrice As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim discount As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim requestDate As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

Dim cDropShip As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = Nothing

'Dim per As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = sivApp.Controls("")

'Initialize controls

'Master controls initialized

orderType = salesOrdersApp.Controls("csotypeid_0")

company = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cCpnyID_0")

customerID = salesOrdersApp.Controls("ccustid_0")

CustOrderNo = salesOrdersApp.Controls("ccustordnbr_0")

cshiptotype = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cshiptotype_0")

cshipcmplt = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cshipcmplt_0")

corderDate = salesOrdersApp.Controls("corddate_0")

'Details record controls

inventoryID = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cinvtid_1")

siteID = salesOrdersApp.Controls("csiteid_1")

qty = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cqtyord_1")

cunitdesc = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cunitdesc_1")

unitPrice = salesOrdersApp.Controls("ccuryslsprice_1")

discount = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cdiscpct_1")

requestDate = salesOrdersApp.Controls("creqdate_1")

cDropShip = salesOrdersApp.Controls("cDropShip_1")

''Dim per As SWIMAPI.SIVControl = sivApp.Controls("")

':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

'Get the level property for the header record so we can declare

'new master records

Dim level0 As String = ""

level0 = customerID.Properties("Level").value

'Get the level property for the detail record so we can declare

'new details records

Dim level1 As String = ""

level1 = inventoryID.Properties("Level").value

Trace.WriteLine("about to start adding records")

If Not Transactions Is Nothing Then

Dim c As System.Windows.Forms.Control = New System.Windows.Forms.Control

'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For Each masterRec In Transactions

'c.Invoke(ShowStatus, New Object() {CType(transactionPos, String)})

transactionPos += 1

If newNeeded Then

Try

salesOrdersApp.[New](level0)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7524

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

Case 7525

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, level0 + " is an invalid entity", reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unexpected exception while calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

End Select

End Try

End If

newNeeded = True

Try

company.value = masterRec.CompanyID

orderType.value = masterRec.INVC

customerID.value = masterRec.CustomerID

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Bad header record for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unable to save record " + masterRec.CustomerID, "", reportsDir)

CSVErrorFile(masterRec, errorFileName, reportsDir)

newNeeded = False

Continue For

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

Dim ErrString As String = ""

Dim OtherErr As Integer = 0

Dim strMsgText As String = ""

OtherErr = Err.Number

If Err.Source = "Solomon IV" Then

OtherErr = Err.Number - vbObjectError

End If

Select Case OtherErr

Case 2048 'Could be solomon error passed from application

If Err.Source = "Solomon IV" Then

ErrString = Err.Description

Select Case Val(ErrString)

Case 6931

Case Else

strMsgText = "ERROR " & Err.Description

End Select

Else

Exit Sub

End If

Case 7541 'data does not match mask specified for control

strMsgText = "ERROR " & OtherErr & ": Data does not match mask specified for control. "

Exit Sub

Case 7553 'data value too large

strMsgText = "ERROR " & OtherErr & ": Data is too long to fit in field. "

Exit Sub

Case Else

Exit Sub

End Select

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Bad header record for " + masterRec.CustomerID, strMsgText, reportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unable to save record " + masterRec.CustomerID, "", reportsDir)

'salesOrdersApp.[New](level0)

Continue For

End Try

Try

CustOrderNo.value = Format(masterRec.StartDate, "MM/dd/yyyy")

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Possible bad Order Date", ex.Message, reportsDir)

_importErrorsNo += 1

newNeeded = False

Continue For

End Try

Try

If masterRec.c = "C" Then

cshiptotype.value = "Customer"

ElseIf masterRec.c = "V" Then

cshiptotype.value = "Vendor"

ElseIf masterRec.c = "S" Then

cshiptotype.value = "Site"

ElseIf masterRec.c = "O" Then

cshiptotype.value = "Other"

End If

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Bad Address Type", ex.Message, reportsDir)

_importErrorsNo += 1

newNeeded = False

Continue For

End Try

Try

Trace.WriteLine(masterRec.ONE.ToString)

If masterRec.ONE = "1" Then

cshipcmplt.value = "Ship Complete"

ElseIf masterRec.ONE = "2" Then

cshipcmplt.value = "Backorders Allowed"

ElseIf masterRec.ONE = "3" Then

cshipcmplt.value = "Partially Ship-Cancel Remainder"

End If

'cshipcmplt.value = masterRec.ONE

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Bad ship complete type", ex.Message, reportsDir)

_importErrorsNo += 1

newNeeded = False

Continue For

End Try

Try

corderDate.value = Format(masterRec.EndDate, "MM/dd/yyyy")

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Possible bad Invoice Date", ex.Message, reportsDir)

_importErrorsNo += 1

newNeeded = False

Continue For

End Try

'We are now ready to handle the details for this

'particular header record

For Each detail In masterRec.details

If masterRec.details.Count < 1 Then

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Empty master record", "No detail record for " + masterRec.CustomerID, reportsDir)

Exit For

End If

Try

salesOrdersApp.[New](level1)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Error calling new method for " + detail.InventoryID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7524

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

Case 7525

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, level1 + " is an invalid entity", reportsDir)

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unexpected exception while calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

End Select

End Try

Try

inventoryID.value = detail.InventoryID.Trim.ToString

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Bad inventory ID (" + detail.InventoryID.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Exit For

End Try

Try

siteID.value = detail.SiteID.Trim.ToString

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Bad inventory Site ID (" + detail.SiteID.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Trace.WriteLine("Site")

Exit For

End Try

Try

qty.value = detail.Qty

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid quantity (" + detail.Qty.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + " " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Exit For

End Try

Try

cunitdesc.value = detail.EACHz

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid unit description (" + detail.EACHz.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + " " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

'Exit For

End Try

Try

unitPrice.value = CDbl(detail.Value.ToString + ".000")

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid unit price (" + detail.Value.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Exit For

End Try

Try

discount.value = CDbl(detail.Discount.ToString + "")

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid discount value (" + detail.Discount.ToString + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Exit For

End Try

Trace.WriteLine("Detail transaction date: " + detail.TransactionDate)

Trace.WriteLine(Regex.Replace(detail.TransactionDate.ToString, "/", String.Empty))

Try

'Dim xdate As Date = requestDate.value

'Trace.WriteLine(xdate)

requestDate.value = Format(detail.TransactionDate, "MM/dd/yyyy")

Catch ex As Exception

'_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid request date (" + Format(detail.TransactionDate, "MM/dd/yyyy") + ") for " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

Dim e As Integer = Err.Number - vbObjectError

Trace.WriteLine(ex.Source + " " + e.ToString)

End Try

Try

cDropShip.value = detail.ZeroValue

Catch ex As Exception

_importErrorsNo += 1

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Detail entity error", "Invalid project value" + detail.ZeroValue.ToString + " for" + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + ": " + ex.Message, reportsDir)

DetailError = True

Exit For

End Try

Next 'at the end of this loop all details should be processed

'If any of the detail records has errors we will not save

'any transaction for that customer. We will add the

'customer to the error file along with all his

'Transactions.

If DetailError Then

Try

salesOrdersApp.First(level1)

For i As Integer = 0 To masterRec.details.Count - 1

salesOrdersApp.Delete(level1)

Next

Trace.WriteLine("Screen cleared for" + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString)

newNeeded = False

DetailError = False

Continue For 'continue for the next master record

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Exception", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7524

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Exception 7524", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Case 7525

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Exception 7525", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unexpected COM Exception", ex.Message, reportsDir)

End Select

End Try

End If

'Thread.CurrentThread.Sleep(30000)

If Not saveEntries(masterRec) Then

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Save Error", "Unable to save transaction for customer " + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString, reportsDir)

Continue For

Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Successfully saved transactions for " + masterRec.CustomerID, "", reportsDir)

End If

System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

Next

End If

Trace.WriteLine(Transactions.Count)

If CInt(transactionPos) = CInt(Transactions.Count) Then

If Not saveEntries(masterRec) Then

Try

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Error calling new method", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7524

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method", ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

Case 7525

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method for " + masterRec.CustomerID, level0 + " is an invalid entity", reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unexpected exception while calling new method", ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

End Select

End Try

Try

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("COM Error calling new method", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7524

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error calling new method" + masterRec.CustomerID, ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

Case 7525

'CleanUpSIV()

Case Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Unexpected exception while calling new method", ex.Message, reportsDir)

'CleanUpSIV()

End Select

End Try

End If

End If

_SOLog = salesOrdersApp.EventLog

End Sub

View next post for rest of class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:57am

Public ReadOnly Property SOLog()

Get

Return _SOLog

End Get

End Property

Public Function ExitSolomon(ByRef errorDir As String) As Boolean

If Not sivMenu.Logout(errorDir) Then

Return False

End If

If Not sivMenu.CleanUpSIV(errorDir) Then

Return False

End If

Return True

End Function

Public Function saveEntries(ByRef masterRec As GetCSV.Master) As Boolean

Try

salesOrdersApp.Save()

saveEntries = True

Catch ex As Exception

saveEntries = False

End Try

Return saveEntries

End Function

Private Sub salesOrdersApp_Message(ByVal MessageNumber As Integer, ByVal MessageText As String, ByVal MessageType As SWIMAPI.sivMessageType, ByRef MessageResponse As SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse) Handles salesOrdersApp.Message

Try

Select Case MessageType

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgAbortRetryIgnore

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspAbort

'ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Message response = " + MessageResponse.ToString, "")

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgOk

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspOk

'ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Message response = " + MessageResponse.ToString, "")

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgOkCancel

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspCancel

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgRetryCancel

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspCancel

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgYesNo

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspNo

Case SWIMAPI.sivMessageType.sivMsgYesNoCancel

MessageResponse = SWIMAPI.sivMessageResponse.sivMsgRspNo

End Select

Catch ex As Exception

Case 7554

Case Else

End Select

End Try

End Sub

'This function is used to generate a cvs file with the same structure as

'the import file. This file contains all the records with errors.

'When this file is fixed you can reimport it. The most likely causes of

'error are incorrect Customer IDs if incorrect Inventory IDs.

Public Sub CSVErrorFile(ByVal masterRec As GetCSV.Master, ByVal errorCSV As String, ByRef reportsDir As String)

Dim fiile As FileStream = Nothing

Try

fiile = New FileStream(errorCSV, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write)

fileWriter = New StreamWriter(fiile)

fileWriter.WriteLine(Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.HEADER.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.CompanyID.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.Site.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.INVC.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.CustomerID.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.StartDate + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.c.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.ONE.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + masterRec.EndDate + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + Chr(34).ToString)

For Each DETAIL As GetCSV.Details In masterRec.details

fileWriter.WriteLine(Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.TAB.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.InventoryID.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.SiteID.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.Qty.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.EACHz + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.Value.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.Discount.ToString + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.TransactionDate + Chr(34).ToString + "," + Chr(34).ToString + DETAIL.ZeroValue.ToString + Chr(34).ToString)

Next

Catch ex As Exception

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Error writing to CSV error file", ex.Message, reportsDir)

Finally

fileWriter.Close()

End If

If Not fiile Is Nothing Then

fiile.Close()

End If

End Try

End Sub

End Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 11:58am

Last but not least I designed a form for user interaction. Once again there are a few programming logic be utilized, so take your time to go through.

Imports system.Configuration

Imports System.IO

Imports System.Threading

Public Class AutomationClient

Dim fileName As String = ""

Dim changeTrial As Int16 = 0

Dim fileToImport As GetCSV.GetCSV = Nothing

Dim Transactions As ArrayList = Nothing

Dim SalesOrder As SOImport.Import = Nothing

Public Shared _ProcessLastRan As Date = New Date

Private reports As Report = Nothing

Private fileNameFirstChange As Boolean = True

Private AllAppSettings As Specialized.NameValueCollection = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings

Private clientDir As String = ""

Private errorDir As String = ""

Private reportsDir As String = ""

Private prompt As String = ""

Private lastTime As String = ""

Dim thExecuteTaskAsync As Thread = Nothing

'Private fileInformation As FileInfo

Private Sub btnBrowse_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnBrowse.Click

' create dialog box enabling user to open file

Dim fileChooser As New OpenFileDialog()

fileChooser.Filter = "CSV|*.CSV"

Dim result As DialogResult = fileChooser.ShowDialog()

'Dim fileName As String ' name of file containing data

' exit event handler if user clicked Cancel

If result = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel Then

Return

End If

fileName = fileChooser.FileName ' get specified file name

' show error if user specified invalid file

If fileName = "" Or fileName Is Nothing Then

MessageBox.Show("Invalid File Name", "Error", _

MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

Else

'fileInformation = New FileInfo(fileName)

fileNameFirstChange = True

tbxFileName.Text = fileName

tbxFileName.Enabled = True

btnRun.Enabled = True

End If

End Sub

Private Sub btnRun_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRun.Click

Dim importFileInfo As FileInfo = Nothing

If File.Exists(Me.tbxFileName.Text) Then

importFileInfo = New FileInfo(Me.tbxFileName.Text)

End If

If Not importFileInfo Is Nothing Then

If File.Exists(AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon\Completed\" + importFileInfo.Name) Then

prompt = "A file with that name has already been imported." + Environment.NewLine + "Importing this file could cause duplication in Solomon" + Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine

End If

End If

Dim response As Windows.Forms.DialogResult = MessageBox.Show(prompt + "Are you sure you want to import this file?", "", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Question)

prompt = ""

If ValidateControls() Then

If response = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes Then

Me.tbxFileName.Enabled = False

System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

Me.btnRun.Enabled = False

reportsDir = AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon\Reports"

If Not Directory.Exists(reportsDir) Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(reportsDir)

End If

errorDir = AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon\Errors"

If Not Directory.Exists(errorDir) Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(errorDir)

End If

fileToImport = New GetCSV.GetCSV

If Not fileToImport.GetCSVFile(tbxFileName.Text) Then

Transactions = fileToImport.Transactions

If Not Transactions Is Nothing Then

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError("Report for process ran at" + Date.Now.ToString, "", reportsDir)

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError(">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>", "", reportsDir)

SalesOrder = New SOImport.Import

Try

If SalesOrder.StartSalesOrderApp(tbxServer.Text, tbxDb.Text, tbxCpny.Text, tbxUser.Text, tbxPassword.Text, AllAppSettings("SOApp"), reportsDir) Then

SetProcessLastRan()

Me.tbxPassword.Text = ""

SalesOrder.AddSalesOrders(Transactions, reportsDir, errorDir)

lastTime = getProcessLastRan()

If SalesOrder.importErrorsNo > 0 Then

MessageBox.Show("The process completed with " + SalesOrder.importErrorsNo.ToString + " errors" + Environment.NewLine + "Please view " + SalesOrder.ErrFileName.ToString + Environment.NewLine + "for details of the error", "Process complete", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

Else

MessageBox.Show("The process completed successfully with 0 errors", "Process complete", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.None)

End If

Dim fInfo As FileInfo = New FileInfo(tbxFileName.Text)

clientDir = AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon\Completed"

If Not Directory.Exists(clientDir) Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(clientDir)

End If

Dim desFile As String = clientDir + "\" + fInfo.Name

If File.Exists(desFile) Then

File.Delete(desFile)

End If

Try

System.IO.File.Move(tbxFileName.Text, desFile)

System.IO.File.Delete(tbxFileName.Text)

Catch ex As Exception

MessageBox.Show("An error occured while moving the import file", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.None)

End Try

Me.lbLastProcessTime.Text = "Process was last ran on: " + lastTime

'ProcessLastRan = Date.Now

If Not SalesOrder.CloseSalesOrdersApp(reportsDir) Then

Trace.WriteLine("Error closing Sales order screen")

End If

If Not SalesOrder.ExitSolomon(reportsDir) Then

MessageBox.Show("Error closing Solomon Toolbar", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

Else

ErrorLog.ErrorLog.LogError(Environment.NewLine, "", reportsDir)

reports = New Report()

reports.Show()

Me.btnRun.Enabled = False

End If

Else

MessageBox.Show("Error loging into solomon", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

End If

Catch ex As Exception

MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

End Try

Else

MessageBox.Show("Import file does not exist or contains errors", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

End If

Else

MessageBox.Show("Import file does not exist or contains errors", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

End If

End If

End If

Me.btnRun.Enabled = True

End Sub

Private Sub AutomationClient_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

tbxServer.Text = AllAppSettings("SolomonServer")

Me.tbxDb.Text = AllAppSettings("SolomonDatabase")

Me.tbxCpny.Text = AllAppSettings("SolomonCompany")

'Me.tbxUser.Text = AllAppSettings("SolomonUserID")

Me.lbLastProcessTime.Text = "Process was last ran on: " + getProcessLastRan()

End Sub

Private Function ValidateControls() As Boolean

If tbxServer.Text Is Nothing Or tbxServer.Text = "" Then

tbxServer.BackColor = Color.Red

MessageBox.Show("Server cannot be empty", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

Return False

ElseIf Me.tbxDb.Text Is Nothing Or tbxDb.Text = "" Then

tbxDb.BackColor = Color.Red

MessageBox.Show("Database cannot be empty", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

Return False

ElseIf Me.tbxCpny.Text Is Nothing Or tbxCpny.Text = "" Then

tbxCpny.BackColor = Color.Red

MessageBox.Show("Company cannot be empty", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

Return False

ElseIf Me.tbxUser.Text Is Nothing Or tbxUser.Text = "" Then

tbxUser.BackColor = Color.Red

MessageBox.Show("User ID cannot be empty", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

Return False

ElseIf Me.tbxPassword.Text Is Nothing Or tbxPassword.Text = "" Then

tbxPassword.BackColor = Color.Red

MessageBox.Show("Password cannot be empty", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

Return False

Else

Return True

End If

End Function

Private Sub tbxFileName_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tbxFileName.TextChanged

If fileNameFirstChange Then

fileNameFirstChange = False

Else

tbxFileName.Text = fileName

MessageBox.Show("You cannot change the filename manually, please use the browse button instead", "", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)

End If

End Sub

Private Sub SetProcessLastRan()

Dim filename As String = "ProcessLastRan.txt"

Dim Dir As String = AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon"

Try

If Not Directory.Exists(Dir) Then

Directory.CreateDirectory(Dir)

End If

fiile = New FileStream(Dir + "\" + filename, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)

fileWriter = New StreamWriter(fiile)

fileWriter.WriteLine(Now.ToString)

Catch ex As Exception

Trace.WriteLine("-->" + ex.Message)

Finally

fileWriter.Close()

End If

fiile.Close()

End If

End Try

End Sub

Private Function getProcessLastRan() As String

getProcessLastRan = ""

Dim time As String = ""

Dim fileReader As StreamReader = Nothing

Dim filename As String = AllAppSettings("EpinsDirectory") + "\Solomon\ProcessLastRan.txt"

Try

If File.Exists(filename) Then

Trace.WriteLine("time file exist")

fiile = New FileStream(filename, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)

fileReader = New StreamReader(fiile)

time = fileReader.ReadLine

Trace.WriteLine(time)

getProcessLastRan = time

Return getProcessLastRan

End If

Catch ex As Exception

Finally

If Not fileReader Is Nothing Then

fileReader.Close()

End If

fiile.Close()

End If

End Try

Return getProcessLastRan

End Function

End Class

Some of the settings were stored in the config file but you can store your setting where ever you want. I hope this helps someone. I know that there are some wicked @$$@# developers out there so if any of you have any comments about the code and the approach please fire away.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 8:09am
Thanks for sharing the code.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 8:40am
It was a pleasure to share the source code. I can remember the intial dificulty I had to find a good example, so I hope the codes I posted was able to help someone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrosenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 9:52am
Congrats on graduating as one of the top programmers.  Thanks for sharing your sample code here on the this website.  I am also using vb.net 2005  as a newbie to do customization for the small company that work for. 

Could you provide a zip file of the complete project including your UI forms,  Business and Data classes, etc... to make it easier for me to examine and walk through your code logic as I debug it on the fly?  I am trying to design an application currently that will take data exported from a 3rd hand held palm system and import it into the Solomon order entry screen.  I am also looking to build a Pocket Pc app in VB.NET 2005 using SQL Server Mobile.

You talk about several things like compiling your code for reuse into different class dlls like the ErrorLog, Import, GetCSV, and AutomationClient form. 

My email address is rrosenhagen@rcsgifts.com

I will also look through some of my code and see what I can post to share with other users.
briwagner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briwagner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2006 at 1:37pm
I to would like to receive the zipped VB project, if that is OK. I twould make it a lot easier to follow the code in debug mode.

Thank you,
Brian Wagner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 8:59am
The project is part of a larger solution and as a result I cannot Zip the project and email it. The files that were posted is the entire group of files required to run the automation program. I will see if i can extract those files from the solution and build a smaller project. It would be nice if the forum managers could give me an email address to send the files to and then they could upload the files to their server and provide a link for others to download from. The forum managers has my email address so they could email me an address to send the files to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 9:04am
To create a DLL in Visual Studio 2005

File >> New project

Select Class Library

Provide a name for the class library

Note that the DLL will take the name of the class library.

For more information on DLLs you could google it, or use MSDN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrosenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 9:08am
Thanks for taking the time to build a smaller application so that we may learn how to write vb.net code to interface with Solomon.  I am looking forward to your sample.  I think this will also benefit us as the new version of Solomon I think is written in vb.net 2005 or at least part of it is.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 6:32am
I have sent you an email. You may send the project to me. I shall upload it on this website.

Thank you.

Originally posted by robotovich robotovich wrote:

The project is part of a larger solution and as a result I cannot Zip the project and email it. The files that were posted is the entire group of files required to run the automation program. I will see if i can extract those files from the solution and build a smaller project. It would be nice if the forum managers could give me an email address to send the files to and then they could upload the files to their server and provide a link for others to download from. The forum managers has my email address so they could email me an address to send the files to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 11:40am

I have sent the files to the address you sent me. copy the text from the email and include it as instructions when you are posting the link.

Jah bless and one love.

irie

senthil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senthil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 12:20pm
I need a great help from you rosen. I tried to contact your mail-id, but I could not. Could you also view my post which I posted today with the topic name "How to get the screen number".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic