Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different version (client <-> server) ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different version (client <-> server) ?
    Posted: January 06 2012 at 7:56am
I created a GP Client Installation 'package' by using the tools on the GP DVD.
Then I made the initial client installation from that Setup.exe 'package' on my own workstation

I did find that the client installation made 'mistakes' on the ODBC DSN which I corrected to successfully connect to the GP server database.

BUT when attempting to launch my GP Client on my workstation I get the following error message:

"A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version.  You will not be able to use the application untl this issue is resolved.  Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue."

First - with a Search of my own workstation and with a Search of the server I cannot find any file named GP_LoginErrors*.*

Secondly - how can I resolve this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 12:01am
You can find that in workstaion's Data folder in GP
(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data)

After installing the packge, install the same service which was installed on the gp client on server and other workstations, or update the package by including that service pack.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic