Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to find out if GP will work for me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatsCRM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to find out if GP will work for me?
    Posted: December 27 2011 at 5:09pm
Hello,  I'm looking for some guidance and advice.  My company currently uses MS CRM (v. 4.0, but heard we are moving to 2010), mostly for sales and that's about all.  I know it can do more, but unsure if GP is what I'm looking for.  The accounting dept has indicated that GP is what they want for their financial stuff & contract management.  I'm more of the logistics guy.  A quick explanation of what I'm looking for.

I have several different functions that I'm hoping GP will fulfill.  MAINLY a quote to order to shipment with a quick shipment tracking dashboard.  I do need it to apply some functionality as far as automatically notifying people of certain events and providing reports (ideally in the form of a web page) to accounting and PM's for status updates.  I'm also looking for PO creation, which I think I saw one of their videos do and utilize Outlook.

The quoting aspect is where I'm worried about.  I typically obtain quotes from vendors and then mark them up and give to sales to give to our customers.  Is there that kind of dual RFQ system, where a quote to our customer can turn into an internal order, yet also trigger an order to be placed through our vendor?  ADDITIONALLY, the quotes we submit to our customers also go through a lot of revisions.  I know one of the architecture guys is looking for some kind of BOM manager, where he can go in and make the revisions of the individual pieces...kind of like manufacturing, but not.  Then somehow effect a work flow that goes to our sales in the form of a marked up quote, to an order to a PO I place with our vendors to tracking it...etc.

I'm looking to find out if GP (with CRM) will handle this...either out of the box or with plug-ins/customization.

Also, if anyone can recommend a book or site that I can learn more about the workings of it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

BVillaros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BVillaros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 2:47pm
If you're still considering Dynamics GP, I invite you to visit our website (www.nextecgroup.com) and to contact your local NexTec associate. He or she will be happy to spend an half hour or more to learn more about your needs with MS GP and CRM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic