Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installing GP on hosted server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing GP on hosted server
    Posted: December 20 2011 at 12:50pm
I am considering moving my GP to a hosted environment.  I do not intend to go the SaaS route, but simply want to move my on premise installation to a hosted server.  is this possible? Are there authentication or printer issues.. or anything that may trip me up?
Sponsored Links

reviora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reviora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2012 at 8:25am
It certainly is possible to migrate GP to a hosted/cloud environment, we do it all the time and it works really well as long as you set it up properly.  You can keep your license that you currently have and simply leverage the infrastructure of a cloud provider.  Printing works really well as long as you have your workstations relatively up to date (Windows XP or higher) and have mainstream printers (HP, Brother, etc.)

Make sure to ask a cloud provider how much experience they have with GP, and also what the user-experience will be like, i.e. how you would access the application.

If I can be of any assistance, or you would like a quote, let me know and I'll connect you with one of our partners near you.

~Brian (Reviora.com)
Brian, Reviora
"Off-site software, on-site savings"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic