Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SL on Windows XP Workstation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickKerns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL on Windows XP Workstation
    Posted: November 23 2011 at 3:11pm
I have a Dynamics SL 7.0  FP1 SP4 installation using SQL 2008.  SL runs fine on the server and one workstation but the second workstation (an XP SP3 workstation) aborts the launch of SL before even presenting the logon screen.  The failing user credentials work on the first workstation so the SQL side seems to be configured correctly.  I have tried to just run the database maintenance program from the failing workstation and that fails to connect to the database (using either Windows or SQL authentication) giving an exception error with details saying that it cannot find DBBUILD (which does exist where it is looking).  I have found some similar postings stating that MDAC may not be installed but this is XP SP3 which should have MDAC.

Has anyone else run into this situation and figured out what was wrong?  It does appear to be something related to .NET 3.5 but everything I found says that SL fp1 with SP4 resolves that issue.

Rick at Continuex Corp.
Sponsored Links

RickKerns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickKerns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 9:38pm
Just wanted to report that the problem was finally figured out just in case someone else runs across the same problem.  It turns out that this workstation had feature pack 1 installed instead of just the client for feature pack 1 so things were confused when firing up SL from the server.  Once we uninstalled feature pack 1 and installed just the client and then SP4, the workstation could lauch SL.
Rick at Continuex Corp.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic