Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

install or reconfigure solomon client

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CriterionBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: install or reconfigure solomon client
    Posted: November 11 2011 at 2:09pm
Hi,

I'm hoping to get a little advice or instructions on how to do this.

I have Solomon installed on a network server (AP01.)  I'm retiring that server and have moved the Solomon network folder to another server.  From the client I have a shortcut that runs the application from this path (M:\SL\parent.exe.) 

When you start the program from the client machine, it creates a mapped drive (M:) and starts the Solomon application.

how can I reconfigure the client machine to map the new path to AP04?  I imagine there are other settings I need to change to the new path also.

Do I need to run the client application again?  is it on the Dynamics CD?  or is there a config file or utility that defines the program parameters?

Any help would be really appreciated.  I've never used Dynamics before and don't want to start.  haha.  Plus I really want to get rid of that old crappy server.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

CriterionBrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CriterionBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 2:44pm
It's Dynamics SL 6.5.  : )
CriterionBrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CriterionBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:18am
could someone please give me some assistance with this?  I feel like I'm so close to moving this application.  MS doesn't support it anymore I'm stuck.  Thanks!
aj_jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj_jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 10:50pm
Is this being solved?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic