Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VB error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Another9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB error
    Posted: October 21 2011 at 2:39pm
I installed GP 9 on a windows 7 machine for a client. Everything seems to work fine except for one function. When clicking back when entering a transaction a VB error appears. Running the debugger shows that the user account set to access the db does not have access but even after I changed the odbc conneciton to use a different user, the error still appears referencing the original user. When logging in as the SA administrator to GP, the function works fine. I am not too familiar with GP or databases and am out of ideas. I tried running Grant.sql but that did not seem to work. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links

LeslieVail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieVail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 2:56am
Hi Another9,

The ODBC connection is not attached to any user.  The user name you put in while you configure the data source is not 'saved' with the odbc connection. Obviously we have a permissions issue. When you say "the user account set to access the db.." do you mean the user that is logged in trying to run the procedure? What does your VBA function do? Has it ever worked for this user?

Kind regards,

Leslie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic