Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal SQL Error 4060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubsDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal SQL Error 4060
    Posted: August 29 2011 at 3:38pm
We are running SQL Server 2008 R2 on a Win7 x64 Server (peer-to-peer) and Solomon 2011 with clients on pc's running in (5) offices over a LAN. This system has been up and running basically trouble-free for months.    As recent as this morning, my boss' pc was logged into Dynamics SL with no problem. After lunch, he tried to connect and started getting a banner which states:   'Fatal SQL Error 4060 occurred during company login.'   None of the other client pc's are doing this. I am not having any network/LAN problems. We have rebooted his pc and the server, but the error doesn't go away.   In addition, if you click the [Find Database] button on the Dynamics SL login banner, select the correct 'Server Name' and 'Database Name', then select [Create Database] button and enter correct 'Destination SQL Server Name' and password (we use SQL Server Authentication), it will find and connect to the database from his pc.   Does anybody have an idea where I might look and/or what the error even means. Thanks in advance.
***Who is this 'General Failure'? And why is he trying to read my harddrive?***
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 8:49pm
Are you sure you are selecting the correct System Database?
ChubsDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubsDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 6:28am
Yes. That was one of the first things I verified. Along with verifying the password and Client-to-Server access via the LAN. All (5) client pc's are setup exactly the same and this has been working fine for months. I'm thinking that Dynamics SL Client on this machine was corrupted somehow yesterday and that I may need to reinstall it on this pc.
ChubsDaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubsDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 10:32am
*** Solved my Problem ***
As a followup to anyone who might be following this blog, I thought I would tell you all what I found in case someone else ever has this problem.   The error (4060) was coming from Dynamics SL and it turns out is a 'database not found' error.   In our setup here, we have a database for each customer. A couple of them are no longer used, but were still there for archival purposes.   During the upgrade to SL 2011 a couple of these databases wouldn't update, because they were too old.   We were left with a couple of empty databases as a result.   My boss selected one of these by mistake and once he tried to login, the file 'Solomon.ini' was automatically patched with this number.   Not only did it fail the first login, but now it was defaulting to the same database.    Via Notepad, I changed the company number to a good one and relogged in. Everything worked like before.   I removed the offending database name.   And 'Solomon.ini' updated itself to a good database as well.   This just turned out to be a huge comedy of errors.  Thanks to those who were looking at this issue with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic