Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moving Dynamics SL 6.5 application to another serv
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Dynamics SL 6.5 application to another serv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CriterionBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Dynamics SL 6.5 application to another serv
    Posted: July 12 2011 at 9:27am

All,

I have a copy of MS Dynamics SL 6.5 running on an old server I would like to retire.  The company no longer uses Solomon, but they reference old data a couple times a year.  I'm looking to move Solomon to a new server.

I know nothing about Solomon.  Can someone give me some idea on what is involved?

1.  The database name and path will stay the same when I move the application

2.  The name of the server and IP address will also stay the same.  The current server name is cb-ap01 and the new server will have the same name and IP address.

3. I don't know the registration key for Solomon.  If needed I may be able to find it, but as of now I don't know it.

4.  I'm moving the application from Server 2003 32-bit R2 SP2 to Server 2008 32-bit Ent. SP2

Can I just copy the application folder to the new server?  Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links

SLPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2011 at 1:28pm
There are many things you could do but moving is not too hard.
Install the program again on the new server and move the sql db's to somewhere they can be accessed.
The keys you need are on the registration screen in your current system.
Use sql query to change the value of servername column in the domain table of the system
If all goes well, two hours tops.

Solomon consultant since 1984
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic