Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deleting the login failed for an unknown reason
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deleting the login failed for an unknown reason

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarencew4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleting the login failed for an unknown reason
    Posted: December 17 2009 at 1:58pm
In GP 10 the security admin is getting an error when he tries to delete a user account.  I am the DBA.  The backend db is running SQL Server 2008.

When he goes to delete a user account in his GP 10 front end app he gets an error saying 'Deleting the login failed for an unknown reason. Contact your SQL Server Administrator for assistance.'

I've realized that when a user is created with this tool it creates a SQL account, maps to the necessary databases, AND it creates a schema in the databases with the same name as the user name.

After troubleshooting why the delete is not working we realized that on the backend if I drop the associated schema first, then his front end tool can successfully delete the login.

Seems like there is a bug in the GP 10 admin tool that when deleting a user account, it is not dropping/deleting the database schema of the same name first, then dropping/deleting the database user id.

Any suggestions?

I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed. -Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links

dschutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dschutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 8:28am
I've found if I delete the user from SQL first then I can delete them from GP.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic