Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing ReceivingTransaction Entry Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acc-specs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing ReceivingTransaction Entry Problem
    Posted: November 13 2009 at 1:59am
Hello All,
            I have problem with my receiving transaction window, GP does not generate report of my receiving transaction entry again, even when tried from the smart list. The Error message is as thus:
" Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded".
I need to know the cause of this and what to do to correct this problem..I suspect that a maintenance work on the GP needs to be carried out. But which of the maintenance?.
Pls, help...
Saheed
 Cry
Saheed
Sponsored Links

manirajad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manirajad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2009 at 4:18am

Hi Saheed,

you can check your dynamics.set file (will be available in your application folder) and verify the dictionary exists in that location.
i have one question, have you modified the report? and looking for that one? also check the alternate modified forms & reports window.

Thanks,
Maniraja
Acc-specs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acc-specs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2009 at 6:12am
Thanks,
           I have modified the report and also attached the modified in the Alternate/Modified forms and report window..
What kind of maintenance can i carry out to correct errors relating to dictionary not found and batch error that is relating to dictionary?..
 Saheed
Saheed
manirajad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manirajad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2009 at 6:27am

Have you checked your Dynamics.set file and the locations?

when the time you start modify; GP will create a modifiedReport.dic (the name is just an example) some where usually under data folder (data folder will be inside your application folder)
you can find the location from Dex.ini file (this file is available in data folder)
open the dex.ini file and find ReportDictionaryPath there you can verify it.

there is an another way which works most of the times, take a backup, export your modification, open report writter modifier and remove the modified report, open alternate/modified reports & forms window and set back to original report, exit the application, login as 'sa', import your customization, open alternate/modified forms & Reports window and select the modified report
re-login as 'sa' and print your report. let me know your updates.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic