Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Copying Database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acc-specs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copying Database
    Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:35am

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with the DYNSA user. The problem is that I need to know how to copy a database from an SQL Server to another SQL Server in another environment without the DYNSA user been locked in. I have copied a Database from a SQL Server 2005 to another SQL server 2005, but THE DYNSA user could not be used again. The password was not functioning again.

First, what do I do to recover the DYNSA User and secondly, how do I copy a database from a SQL Server to another without having problem with Dynsa or any other user logon.

Saheed

Cry

Saheed
Sponsored Links

wambrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:45am

Saheed, are you trying to copy only a single company database over to a new server that has the DYNAMICS database or are you trying to copy the entire GP database set over? (i.e. DYNAMICS, TWO, etc.)

daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 2:34am

Saheed,

Follow steps in this post: 

http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2009/07/migrating-dynamics-gp-from-one-server.html

Regards,
Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic