Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

customise home page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mats_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: customise home page
    Posted: March 29 2009 at 2:33am
I have installed GP for a new user but the Customise Home Page Link is not appearing in the Top right corner and the home page is appearing blank.Can some help me.
Sponsored Links

nvc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 3:34pm
Hi mats
You can check two things:
1. Did you check the user security? Maybe the user doesn't have access to this window.
2. When you create the user, what class and default page do you assign to it?
RichardWhaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardWhaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 1:38pm
It sounds like the home page is turned off for this user.  We used to do this on purpose for V9 sites since the HP updated and ran sql scripts every 30 minutes and if yoiu had 50 users, it could put a big drain on the server for a few.  V10 does not do this.

Tell me what version you are using and I will get you the instructions to reset the user's home page.
=====================
Richard L. Whaley
Author, Consultant
http:www.AccoladePublications.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic