Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Login Problem after installing sp3 on GP 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Login Problem after installing sp3 on GP 10
    Posted: March 02 2009 at 2:33am
Dear Experts.
I have GP 10 installed on server 1. sql on server 2. the gp 10 had SP3 applied after install.
then I installed client on the vista PC. got the error that the client was on different version. so I applied sp3 on the client also. then used the microsoft dynamics GP 10 database maintenance utility to reload the database. but after this I am unable to login to the active company (I have three companies in GP 10). I am able to login to the other companies.
I get the following error "a product on your computer is on a different version than the database Version. you will not be able to use the application untill this issue is resolved. use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue"

the GP_loginErrors.log file has the following entry
"Product Name: Cashbook     Database Version: 100774     Client Version: 1001193"
How can I make the Cashbook database version at the same level as GP ?
or in simple terms what should I do to resolve this issue?

your help is very much appreciated ASAP.
many thanks

Harvir
Sponsored Links

daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 3:38am
Harvir,

The database version seem to be ok, but you have a problem with the client installation, it seems that the SP3 was not applied on the Cashbook Management Module, just go to Add/Remove Programs choose GP and select "Add/Remove Features" remove the Banks module and re-add it again, most probably this will solve your issue.

Otherwise let me know to provide you with alternative solution.

Regards,

Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com
ShahRukh Mirza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShahRukh Mirza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 2:02am
Re-install
---->>>Happy Networking<<<-----

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShahRukh Mirza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 2:03am
sorry Re-Install the  Cash Book Management Module
---->>>Happy Networking<<<-----
Harvir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 2:50am

Thanks a lot to all of you for your prompt reply.

my GP 10 is at 10.00.1276 after applying the latest hotfix and is working.

thanks again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShahRukh Mirza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2009 at 11:48pm
        HARVIR            
can you please tell that which hot fix u applied ???
                        THANX
Harvir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 5:09am

Dear friend the latest hotfix from microsoft dynamics is the one released on 27.2.2009. and is MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB967216-v10-ENU.msp.

so in short My GP server has SP3 from MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB955679-v10-ENU. this dvd has update folder which contain MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB955679-v10-ENU.msp. you might have to update dexterity .
after that the  MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB967216-v10-ENU.msp is applied. then the same updates are applied to the client. now they all are at same level
which is microsoft Dynamics GP professional 10.00.1276
Dexterity 10.0.320.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic