Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'sa' Password - Reg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TARUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'sa' Password - Reg
    Posted: February 27 2009 at 3:52am

Hi Good Morning,

I m facing the Problem of Password to Microsoft GP Utilities, its giving unknown password error.

As adviced earlier, i tried to change the Password for 'sa' in Security folder through SQL Server Management Studio, but after changing the Password, when i close and open the screen, its going to the default password.

I understood from the Installation pdf file, the System administrator user id and Password to be taken for GP utilities..Please guide what is this User ID and Password for System Administrator..

And, at the time of GP installaion, its asking the Server name, when i enter my Computer name as the Server Name,its giving error as unknown server name, if i enter any other dummy name, then it is accepting.Please suggest me what is to be taken for Server Name.

Thanks and Best Regards

TaruN.CN
Sponsored Links

TARUN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TARUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 12:56pm
Dear Experts,

Can you please help me out regarding this problem...

Best Regards
TaruN..
Harvir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 2:29pm

Hi Tarun,

if your sa password more than 15 character long then you will get error message because GP can take Passwords of max 15 character.Sa pasword is the password of your SQL server. I am not sure why your password defaults back to previous password. if you login to SQL server management as sa and then change the sa password it should not default back.

ShahRukh Mirza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShahRukh Mirza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 11:15pm
Hi Tarun !
               Prompt! coz your DNS is not resolving. check the services account. run all the services from the Enterprise Admin account (if u are using domain). then go to the security logins in management studio and change the password of sa keeping in mind that what are u going to do, give em sysadmin and all the security and needed rights, also check mapping of the user sa with the databases,
     hope it will resolve your problem

---->>>Happy Networking<<<-----
RichardWhaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardWhaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2009 at 2:03pm
The "server name" that the login wants is actually the ODBC name that references your server.
=====================
Richard L. Whaley
Author, Consultant
http:www.AccoladePublications.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic