Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"field on window is inactive or disabled"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jroul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "field on window is inactive or disabled"
    Posted: October 17 2008 at 12:02pm

I need some help I have a macro that creates a payroll quick entry line item, then moves to the next line and creates another.  As soon as it reaches the bottom of the visible window I get the error"field on window is inactive or disabled".  I can drag the size of the payroll quick entry window down a bit which will allow for a few more items but I have several hundred items I need to create.  I guess if I had a way to force the scroll bar to advance one line may work for me. any ideas

John
Sponsored Links

jbeheler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeheler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:58pm
John,

I am running into the exact same issue but on a different window, the Transactions/Inventory/Item Transaction Entry window. 

I am attempting to insert about 400 records but each time it gets to the non-visible records in the window it fails with the "Field on window is inactive or disabled. (#error line number)"

I was curious to find out if you discovered a resolution to this.  I have not had much luck finding one yet but at least there is some comfort in finding someone else who has run into this challenge.

Jason
jroul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jroul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 12:52pm
Yes I had to use 2 macros, 1 to do the first 10 entries then another to to tell it to down arrow.

TransLinePrepare scrollwin 'P_Batch_Entry_Scroll'
  ScrollByLine down scrollwin 'P_Batch_Entry_Scroll'
jbeheler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeheler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 3:16pm
I ended up using SQL server to create the macro and I broke it into 40 record chunks and ran the 10 macro files seperately to get all of the transactions completed.  I wasn't able to get the system to scroll down as if a user was clicking the down arrow. 
jroul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jroul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 5:07am
I did with the line above, however keep in mind that when it do advance to the next line the line number don't change, in my case afte the 10th line item, all line items were line number 10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic