Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disable .NET check when installing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disable .NET check when installing?
    Posted: August 21 2008 at 8:07am
I've gotten some great answers on here to essentially help complete an automated install of the Dynamics software.  I only have one hitch remaining...

I could write a script to do this, but it wouldn't be pretty:

Due to the multitude of .NET versions here, i'd like to find out if there's a way to bypass the .NET check during the install of Dynamics.  I seem to recall there being a post somewhere about an edit to the .mst file, or a command line call to a public property...but I can't find the post (if it existed...maybe i'm losing my mind!).

Can someone fill me in if there's a way to do it?  Otherwise, I have to write a script to remove all .net versions and reinstall them post Dynamics install....messy!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

ifoam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifoam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 8:54am
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 9:11am

thanks ifoam...one problem though, I can't view that post.  It's prompting me to login and my login doesn't seem to be working!  let's me through the first part, then tells me it's not associated to a dynamics account, so i'm stuck!

Any way you can copy and paste?  :-)
ifoam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifoam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 9:30am
I don't know if I'm allowed to. It's supposed to be confidential.

Anyone have any opinion on this?
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 9:33am
telling someone how to turn off a check in the msi is confidential?  I mean, we do own about 15-20 copies of the software...I think that entitles us, don't you think?  Big%20smile
ifoam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifoam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 10:47am
Well it's an MST file from the site that needs to be applied to the msi. I can give you everything else but that.

I don't want to be a stick but you know :)
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 11:02am
I can understand.  I'm trying to find out who in my company has a login to the site.  I know someone has to.
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 1:17pm
ok, good news...I got the .mst files, and easy enough to apply the one to the dexterity install.

bad news...i just realized, how am I going to use 2 mst files for the dynamics install?  my current one has all my company specific settings, so I can't lose that - now i have a second one for the dotnetbypass -  is there a way to implement 2 transforms?

this is another one I seem to remember seeing a post on in the MSDN forums, but now can't find again...one of those days I guess!

rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 1:36pm
actually, sitting the .mst files side by side i found 1 line different in the Execute Immediate portion of the script.  If that's all there is, i'll make the change in my mst and go for it.

If not...i'll be back asking more questions  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic