Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade DB in GP 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC_Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade DB in GP 10
    Posted: June 23 2008 at 8:12am
Hi everyone. I am in the process of trying to upgrading a test environment from GP 9 to 10. I have ran the upgrade succesfully and added SP 1 successfully but when starting the GP 10 utilities I get an error message. It runs thru the Validating product version splash screen but then under "Upgrade Microsoft Dynamics GP" it says a previous version of MS Dynamics GP has been detected. To proceed you need to upgrade your MS Dynamics GP system database. From there I jsut have a cancel option. I have checked the the  dynamics DB under properties/options/compatibility level and it is set to SQL server 2005 (90). 

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it or know of what logs to check that would maybe be a good starting point also?

Thanks!!! 
Sponsored Links

NC_Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC_Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2008 at 8:31am
sorry forgot to mention within that error window there is a message that states "Other users are currently using MS Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using MS dynamics GP" I know this sounds easy but how can I check if someone is actually using the tables?
daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 11:13pm
Go to DYNAMICS Database and empty "Activities" Table if you still have a problem run the following commands:
DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801
Which empty the Activity table in addition to another to logins tables.
Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com
microsoftslave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote microsoftslave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 1:29pm
The first part of your message is not an error is is correct - sp1 needs to update system and company tables

Whenever upgrading or updatingmake sure no one is logged in to GP by checking via the application of the table mentioned above

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic