Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP login problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orochi2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP login problem
    Posted: June 04 2008 at 2:25am
Currently i have a problem with installation of the dynamics GP. When i login in to the GP it show me this message "The database has not been completed for Microsoft Dynamics GP. Use Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities to complete the database setup before starting Microsoft Dynamics GP". I had install on 4 PC and only 2 of them got this problem. Can you guild me how to solve this problem?
Sponsored Links

technickel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technickel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 12:18pm
Hi,  When upgrading GP 9 to GP 10...

I don't know if this is related, but when installing GP 10 you must have .NET 2.0 and no service pack.  If .NET 2.0 service pack 1 is installed, you must remove the program and then install GP 10.  The GP 10 upgrade automatically loads .NET 2.0

On the database not complete issue....  I ran into that type of message on the 2nd PC I upgraded from GP 9 to GP 10.   I went into GP 10 Utilities on that PC, ran the upgrade database to completion (no clue as to what it was doing), and no other PC had that issue.

Good Luck!!!!

Currently i have a problem with installation of the dynamics GP. When i login in to the GP it show me this message "The database has not been completed for Microsoft Dynamics GP. Use Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities to complete the database setup before starting Microsoft Dynamics GP". I had install on 4 PC and only 2 of them got this problem. Can you guild me how to solve this problem?
orochi2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orochi2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 8:33pm
Sorry forgot to inform you that my one is GP9. I didn't upgrade to GP10. After I install GP9 and login then it prompt out this message.
daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 3:53pm
Make sure you have selected the only modules that installed on your server on the PC that have the problem.
Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orochi2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 7:17pm
I have selected the same module with the server which is Analytical Act and smart list builder but still come out of this problem. I have try to reinstall all PC but just 2 of that PC got this problem only.
LooseScrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by orochi2020 orochi2020 wrote:

I have selected the same module with the server which is Analytical Act and smart list builder but still come out of this problem. I have try to reinstall all PC but just 2 of that PC got this problem only.

The problem is you are installing a module on the workstation which is not installed on the server. 

How are you installing this - via the CD's or a Installation Package?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orochi2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 9:59pm
Ya, I m install by using CD, is it PC problem or installation problem?? i had suspect is windows problem and reformat the PC but still cannot, still got this error.............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orochi2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 7:24pm
hello, anyone can teach and guild me about this problem.....please.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic