Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Changing Installed Options for an existing Company
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Installed Options for an existing Company

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digioz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Installed Options for an existing Company
    Posted: March 28 2008 at 1:57pm
Hello All,

Does anyone know how to change the installed options of a company in Great Plains. What I mean is basically this:

Client Great Plains Installation Option:
- Financial
- Purchasing
- Payroll
- Human Resources

Development Great Plains Installation Options:
- Financial
- Sales
- Purchasing
- Inventory
- Payroll
- Project
- Human Resources
- Manufacturing
- Fixed Assets
- Service Call Management
- Contract Administration
- Returns Management
- Depot Management

I am getting this list from the "Inquiry" menu of each installation.

Is there any way to turn the additional options on the development version off (Give the development version the same exact options as the client?

Thanks,

Pedram Soheil
DigiOz Multimedia
http://www.digioz.com
Sponsored Links

dpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:25pm
Go to Add/Remove Programs ..say change and you can select the modules you want...
If you need additional modules after installation of some modules try inserting the disk again and install the required modules.

Thanks,
Debashis
MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net
digioz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digioz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:38pm
Wouldn't that change the options for ALL the companies though? I have several companies on my development box, and only want to change the options on 1 company. Confused
Pedram Soheil
DigiOz Multimedia
dpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:45pm
I didn't think about that..If you want to control that then it should have ideally been done while creating the company . Now the other options I can think of is using roles to control/limit the access to the modules you do not want for other companies to be accessed. Technically it does not distinguish between the DB that are created when companies are created and it will create tables and stored procs for all the modules selected for DYNAMICS DB while installing the package.

Thanks,
Debashis
MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net
digioz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digioz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 8:49am
Thanks. I just find it strange that a software as popular as Microsoft Great Plains wouldn't have an option built in to do that. I would even be ok with changing a few table values directly in the SQL Server to do this, but I don't think its that simple.

I am actually using Great Plains 9.0. Do you or anyone else know if Great Plains 10.0 has a feature to do this?

Pedram Soheil
DigiOz Multimedia
dpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 10:24pm
Dynamics GP 10.0 also does not have anything out of the box to achieve the functionality. I am working on finding the table which may have this info and can turn off and on the modules to be loaded.

Thanks,
Debashis
MCAD.Net MCSD.Net
JonEast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonEast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:59am
GP 10 allows you to turn on or off registered modules but this is system wide not company wide.

You could also enter the client's registration keys which would ensure that you had exactly the same modules in use but again this is syetm wide.

Jon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic