Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Plains v9.0 Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Plains v9.0 Install
    Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:07pm
I have a issue with regards to the Great Plains v9.0 install, I am doing a fresh install on one of the servers in our environment, I have gone ahead and moved the required databases. I am using SQL Server 2005 on back end for the database part.

Now when I go ahead and install Great Plains v9.0 and start Great Plains Utilities, I get the following error message -

"Validating Product Version Information"

"Errors Detected"

"DYNAMICS - Microsoft Dynamics GP"
                     You are attempting to configure an older version of product 0. Database 9.0
.259 Code 9.0.114.

I am getting the same error message for -

DYNAMICS - Manufacturing
DYNAMICS - Field Service
DYNAMICS - Smart List
DYNAMICS - Cash Flow Management

and a couple of other things as well. Why am I get this error message, and can someone point me in the right direction on how I can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
Sponsored Links

JonEast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonEast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 4:36am
It sounds like you haven't applied the same GP service pack to the server installation that was applied previously.
nishi57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:19am
I was looking into that, let me do that and see what happens. I will keep you posted on the results.

Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
nishi57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:15am
Wow, the running and installing the update did fix quite a lot of things. However now after installing the update, when I launch Great Plains Utilities, I get the following message -

"The Stored procedure Update DatabaseVersion() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 213, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." after I click on OK, I only get one error message -

"Validating Product Version Information"

"DYNAMICS - Fixed Assets"
                   - Unable to save record

How can I fix this issue, I have installed the latest patch through which I believe has fixed a lot of the other error messages. Can some one point me in the right direction and help me fix this error message.
Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
JonEast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonEast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:28am
Have you tried copying all of the .dic files from the original server to the new server, this will ensure that all products are the same.
nishi57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:49am
I will try that and will keep you posted on the results, also thank you for all your help in this matter.
Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
nishi57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 7:31am
Hi Jon,
           I copied the .dic files over from the other server and this is the error message I am getting right now -

DEX.DIC version 9.00.0068.0 is not compatible with executable version 9.00.0084.0.

Is there a fix for this or do you have any other suggestions for me to try.

Nishi
Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
JonEast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonEast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:18am
OK, try copying the dynamics.exe file as well.
nishi57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nishi57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:49am
Jon I tried that, I copied all the .dic files including the dynamics.exe file. I am getting the following error message -

DYNAMICS - HITB Report
                   Unable to get extended version information for product 5597.

Any ideas for a possible fix for this one, let me know.

Also thanks a lot for your help in this regard.
Nishi Sundar
Network Engineer
vista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 8:47pm
what don't you just copy the whole GP directory from the working server
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic