Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Database setup not completed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmer2695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database setup not completed?
    Posted: March 20 2008 at 3:48pm
When I'm trying to access any company from a new client install in GP a box with the message "The database setup has not been completed for Microsoft Dynamics GP. Use Microsoft Dynamics GP utilities to complete the database setup before starting Microsoft Dynamics GP".  I can open the company from a previous client install done long ago by someone else. I am currently running GP9.00.0114 (same version as server) with SQL 2005. I have configured the ODBC before client install. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Greg
Sponsored Links

Papa Perry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Perry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 6:32pm
Greg,

Did you run Utilities when you installed the client?  You need todo that to Synchronize the Dynamics.dic to the Account Framework in the DYNAMICS DB. 

Did you install a Service Pack on the new client?  If so then you need to run Utilities to update the DB's.

Check the version of the DYNAMICS.dic (go to properties and look at the dictionary tab).  Write this down.  In SQL Query Analyzer run the following SQL Statement:

USE DYNAMICS
go
Select * from DB_Upgrade where PRODID = 0

Compare the version in the table to the one from the dictionary.  If they are the same something else is wrong.

Run a dexsql.log and review it, it will tell you what is going on.

Good Luck.
Papa Perry Smith
GPITConsultant@gmail.com

Installing and upgrading Dynamics GP since 1995
gmer2695 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmer2695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:45am
Papa Perry,

Thanks for replying to my post.

I did sync up the framework through utilities. There are no service packs installed. All the versions are the same on server and client (I checked the dynamics.dic file and ran the query you suggested). I ran a dexsql.log and could not make much sense of it (newbie). Any  more suggestions?
Thanks again.

Greg
gmer2695 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmer2695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 11:22am
Well, I figured out. I wasn't installing the clients with exactly the same features as on the server. Now I have a new problem with a runtime error. I will do a search to see if has been addressed before. Thanks.

Greg 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic