Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick and dirty backups?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astrashe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick and dirty backups?
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:56am

My company's tape backup system has died, and I need to figoure out how to keep our accounting data safe until we can get the tape drive fixed.

I didn't set this system up, and I'm not sure which databases have to be kept.

Can anyone tell me if they have standard names, or alternatively, if there's a way to figure out what the names are if there isn't a standard name?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links

dpatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:00pm
DYNAMICS is one of the databases that is created for sure. Based on your company names there will be some more databases. Keep in mind that ms dynamics creates news databases for each company.

You cna keep the mdf(master data file) and ldf(log data file) if you do not have a back up file (.bak) already in place.

Thanks,
Debashis
MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net
JonEast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonEast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 8:46am
If you run the following SQL script it will tell you which databases are GP databases:

SELECT INTERID FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500

Jon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic