Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - shrinking database is stuck so I can't login to GP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shrinking database is stuck so I can't login to GP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soufal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shrinking database is stuck so I can't login to GP
    Posted: February 20 2008 at 9:45am
We did year end and when I was running the activity of shrinking the database, I was booted out and now I'm stuck and can't log back into GP.  Please help!  Need to run check this week.Cry
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 10:38am
What message do you get when you login to GP? Can you access your database using Query Analyzer?
soufal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soufal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 10:43am
Here's the message I get:

another user is shrinking files

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 10:49am
Re-start SQL Server services and see what happens.
soufal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soufal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 10:51am
I already did that, along with reboot the server

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 11:05am
Check for SQL locks and delete the associated processes. You can see the locks in Activity Monitor under Management.

Since it is more of SQL Server question, you can get quick response by posting your questions to following Microsoft SQL Server Newsgroups:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb839599.aspx

Please update here after your issue is resolved.

Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic