Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP Upgrade from 9 to 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSanjay196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP Upgrade from 9 to 10
    Posted: February 11 2008 at 8:34am
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from Microsoft Dyanmics GP Standard 9.00.0114 to Ms Dynamics GP 10.0

I haven't ever done anything with GP. Can someone please guide me with the basics that I need.

or point me to some how to document.

Thankx
Sponsored Links

manick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 10:24am
Hi,

We have currently doing a upgrade from 7.5 to GP 10. Please drop a email to discuss.

Regards,
nj.tech@hotmail.com
MSanjay196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSanjay196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 1:25pm
Hi,

Anyone else who can help. I have emailed manick but not heard from him.

Thanx
fahad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 12:08am

Theres not much difference b/w GP9 and GP10 other than the security aspect. For upgrading to GP10 all you need to do is make sure:

if you have any add-ons or any other ISV software with GP. you might need to perform Table Setup Conversion and then uninstall GP9 along with add-ons. Make sure you have your tables backed up in SQL.

Run the installation for GP10 (requires more memory than GP9). install add-ons if any and then run table setup conversion.

GP10 is really strict about security settings. Unlike GP9 where users have access to every table from the beginning, GP10 gives no access. GP admin has to give permissions to the users or for full access assign POWER USER.

hope this helps
Shah Fahad Moin
Great Plains Support Consultant
m_hammouz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_hammouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 5:18am

Joined can you send to me a private messege to send to you my mail  coz i want to upgrade also but i still wait for any one to help me coz i am B.c not DBA

LeslieVail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieVail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 6:36pm
I can help you with the upgrade as well, what are your current issues?  Have you looked at the upgrade instructions on Customer/PartnerSource?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic