Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GP Utilities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GP Utilities
    Posted: January 24 2008 at 9:54am
I created a new company using Dynamics Utilities (GP10 SP1) and then launched GP, and tried to log in as the SA, but the company database that I just created does not exist.  I detached,  deleted,  and ran a sql script to remove orphan companies from Dynamics and then attempted to recreate the company again and I arrived at the same problem - again.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

JohndeKock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohndeKock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2008 at 12:38pm
No real definitive answer - but a few things to try... (And I bet you are using SQL2003 because so many of us battle with the simplest GP stuff on this version. Maybe the SQL security model and the antique Dex database interface don't get on too well!).

1. Run the Grant SQL utility again.
2. Check that sa has access to the company (log on to a different company first - then go into setup).
3. Check if you can access the database using sa via t-SQL from the server and from clients).
4. Curse and scream - then start wading through the setup docs and Customer Source.
Have fun!
John
deesom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deesom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 6:45pm
It might be a simple issue - Make sure your ODBC is pointing to the right SQL server, and has a connection to it. Good Luck!
David.
Deesom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic