Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics RMS & Microsoft Dynamics POS > POS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Set default Barcode for all new items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set default Barcode for all new items
    Posted: January 20 2008 at 10:50pm
For every item entered either individually or by import, I must select the barcode type if I want them to print on labels.  How do I set a default so that ALL new items have a barcode pre-selected (Code 39)??
Sponsored Links

Andreh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 8:10pm
Hope this Help... us EAN8 this type is what we are using right now....
Dred
Andreh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 8:14pm
Hope this Help... use EAN8 this type is what we are using right now....
Dred
devinco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devinco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 2:34pm
anyone ever figure out how to make default bar code something rather than (none) ??
ryanatrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanatrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 9:25am
All, this may be able to be accomplished by changing the default constraint of the BarcodeFormat field in the Item Table.  This can be done by editing the table structure in SQL Management Studio.  Now this may not work, because the default value is already 0, and so is the value for Code 39.  None is actually -1 and EAN8 is 15.

If this does not fix your problem, you could always create an insert trigger in SQL to update the BarcodeFormat after the records is created.  Same numbers would apply.

Please keep in mind, both of the above should only be done if you know what you are doing!  And will be done at your own risk.  Please make sure to do backups prior.

If you need help creating either the updated default or the trigger, please give my company a call or drop me an email and we'd be happy to help you out.
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
bobbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2015 at 9:17pm
We are using pdf417 barcode and how to set pdf417 as default barcode for all new items?

bobbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2015 at 9:19pm
We are using pdf417 barcode and how to set pdf417 as default barcode for all new items?
fifa16coins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fifa16coins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2015 at 7:13pm
If this does not fix your issue, you could always create an place induce in SQL to upgrade the BarcodeFormat after the information is designed.  Buy Fifa 16 Coins Same figures would implement.Please keep in thoughts, both of the above should only be done if you know what you are doing!  And will be done at your own threat.  Please create sure to do back-ups before.If you need help developing either the modified standard or the induce, please give my organization a contact or fall me an e-mail and we'd be satisfied to Fifa 16 Coinshelp you out.
buy fifa 16 coins to www.salefifa16coins.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic