Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bank Reconciliation - Opps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyazing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bank Reconciliation - Opps
    Posted: January 11 2008 at 9:02am

This all started becuase I didnt know if there was a way to clear off old checks from the bank reconcilation.. so I created my own way.. and now I dont balance.. HELP

When I did the Oct07 bank req I noticed checks from 2006 still open and listed on the outstanding report.  My genius self decided to make a little bank req and make a deposit without receipts and clear off the old checks.  So I did a bank req all by its self and cleared off $7749.11 worth of checks.  These checks may or may not have actually cleared the bank – but I didn’t care since it was 2006 and I begin the bank reconciliation in 2007.

Ok so all was well and good until when I did the Oct2007 bank req and now I was off by $7749.11 between the bank reconciliation adjusted book balance and the GL ending balance for the month.  I tried my best to do negative bank deposits without receipts and all this and nothing worked.  So I made a note on the reconciliation hoping it would later work itself out.

Now I just did Nov07 bank req and guess what $7749.11 off!  ARGH!

Can you please offer any thoughts or suggestions? I haven’t “reconciled” the November 2007 req yet.

Thank you SOO MUCH!

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic