Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new GP 10 installation - Component Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamp-Data Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new GP 10 installation - Component Issue
    Posted: December 31 2007 at 4:13pm
Hello,

I just recently setup a new computer with a clean fresh XP Professional install.  Everything has installed fine (including GP 9) except GP 10.

Before the installation begins, there is a Component Installation window that has everything marked off with a green check mark except the Microsoft Dexterity Shared Components 10.0.  When I click the Install button, it tries to install the Dex. Shared Components but inevitably fails.

After the Dexerity Shared Components installation fails, an Error message pops up stating "Initialization failed. Review the log file for more details: C:\DOCUME~1\Jared\LOCALS~1\Temp\logE.tmp".  Unfortunately that error log is less than worthless.  All it says is "12/31/2007 11:00 PM: ERROR: One or more components failed to install correctly."

Any assistance with this would be wonderful.  Thank you!
Thank you.
Sponsored Links

Suedoenims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suedoenims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 6:20am
O.K.  Here is my perspective on this issue. I have having the exact same issues with a Dynamics GP 10 installation.
After looking at the log files located in the temp directory it appears that the Dexterity installation does not think that .NET framework 2.0 is installed.  The machine that I am trying to set this up on has .NET framework 2.0 SERVICE PACK 1 and .NET framework 3.0 SERVICE PACK 1.  I am not certain if removing .NET framework 3 will solve the issue, but that is what I am about to try.  If anyone has a way to resolve this without messing with the .NET frameworks, please let me know.

Thanks,
SUE
Suedoenims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suedoenims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 6:35am
So I get to reply to my own reply :) - If you go into add / remove programs and remove both the .NET framework 3.0 service pack 1 and .net framework 2.0 service pack 1 and then reboot... you will be required to reinstall the .NET framework 2.0 from the dynamics CD.  After that .NET has successfully installed then the Dexterity components will install correctly.

Thanks,
Sue
Kamp-Data View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamp-Data Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 1:47pm
That worked great.  Thank you VERY much!

I had tried uninstalling the .NET 3.0 before, but not the .NET 2.0 service pack 1.  I wonder if .NET 2.0 sp1 was causing the issue?  I uninstalled both frameworks, but perhaps just uninstalling 2.0 sp1 would work....no clue. Smile

Thanks again for helping me Sue!  I really appreciate it. Big%20smile

Sincerely,

Jared
Thank you.
Grootjan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grootjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 2:43am
Hi There,

Had the same problem, Uninstalled .Net Framework SP 1, reboot, and the Dexterity Components installed without a problem.

Thanks Sue!
karpurshrikant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karpurshrikant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 6:36am
Hie guys, Where can i get a test database? or  a test company
shrikant
karpurshrikant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karpurshrikant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 6:39am
Hie guys, Where can i get a test database? or  a test company or scritps to create a datatabse for GP 10
shrikant
Vaidhyanathan M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaidhyanathan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 6:50am

Hi All,

This issue has been addressed. GP 10.0 Feature Pack (which includes GP 10.0 SP1) has been released with a compatibility for any .NET Framework which is higher than v2.0. You can get the GP 10.0 Feature Pack, from either CustomerSource/PartnerSource.

Just log on with your CustomerSource ID and search for GP 10.0 Feature Pack, you will find the link.

--
Thanks
Vaidy
Visit My Blog: www.vaidy-dyngp.com
dschutz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dschutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2009 at 10:31am
You can create your own test company by creating a new company and then restore data from another company to the new company. You would have to do the restore in sql. The new company would have real data but not necessarily up to date. Cahnges made in the new test company would not affect data in the real company.  
KCI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 11:56am
Thanks Sue that did the trick!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic