Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

errors on GP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacehtxilef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: errors on GP
    Posted: December 16 2007 at 3:54am
 I faced some problem when i wan to enter my DB after the authentication successful. I don't know what can i do? try to install on desktop and laptop, came out the same problem

i read a post from this forum, one of the member said check the SQL Collation Settings?
what is that? can someone show me how can i reset it to the default? 

The prompt out msg is
"a get/change first operation on table 'SY_ResourceActivity" (0). If i click 'More Info' butoon on the msg box... the following details showed.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unclosed quotation mark before the character string 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT?'.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT?'.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unclosed quotation mark before the character string 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT? ORDER BY RSRCID ASC ,RSRCSBID ASC ,RULEID ASC ,CMPANYID ASC ,USERID ASC '.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT? ORDER BY RSRCID ASC ,RSRCSBID ASC ,RULEID ASC ,CMPANYID ASC ,USERID ASC '.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unclosed quotation mark before the character string 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT? ORDER BY RSRCID ASC ,RSRCSBID ASC ,RULEID ASC ,CMPANYID ASC ,USERID ASC '.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'TTTTTTTTTTTTTT? ORDER BY RSRCID ASC ,RSRCSBID ASC ,RULEID ASC ,CMPANYID ASC ,USERID ASC '.

The 'TTTTT.." are chinese character so i dunno how to get rid of it.. hope some1 can help
Sponsored Links

daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 2:44am

Go to SQL Enterprise Manager and right click your server, choose properties and check you Server engine collation, then right click your company database and choose properties then check the collation, if both are the same then you have no problem, this is the main cause for you problem.

To change the collation of your server you need to uninstall the SQL, and choose custom installation, and choose the wanted collation, choosing Typical installation will not allow you to select the collation.

Hope this helps you J

Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com
deesom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deesom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 6:39pm
Mohammed is right - but he may have forgotten to tell you that the collation setting you should be using is 52 (look for collation sort order setting SQL_Latin 1_General_CP 1_CI_AS; Look for the sort order number 1252 in the list) As Mohammed said, you can only change the collation setting via a custom re-install)

Collation sort order is the way data is presented when you query SQL tables using Query Analyzer)
Good Luck.
David.
Deesom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic