Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to Load Dictionary when printing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth2k1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to Load Dictionary when printing
    Posted: October 01 2007 at 3:30pm
I am really new to Great Plains, and we were having problems here at my work. A user goes into Reports/Purchasing and click on all reports. Then selects the Purchase Orders folder, and selects one purchase order.

When I try to print that report, either to screen, printer or file, it give me an error:

Unable to open dictionary: G:Dictionaries/Reports.dic.

I click ok to that error, and another box appears saying "Problem starting up report."

The G:Dictionaries/Reports.dic file is located on a network drive. I can access it if I go to it manually. I see a reports file in that Dictionaries folder, but it appears as a text file. shouldn't it be a .dic file? And if so, could that be causing my problem?

We had one user that was able to correct the problem by restarting his computer. I have tried that on other computers, but it doesn't make the problem go away.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 5:32pm
In your local workstation, are you point to correct dictionary ? Make sure the path name in the Edit Launch File.

To see the file extensions in Windows Explorer, you can go to Tools-->Folder Options-->View, and UNCHECK "hide extensions of  known file types"

Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 4:28am
Check security for the user and make sure that he has access to the modified reports...

Hope it works

Good Luck
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
EJNiels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJNiels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:10am
Where do you go to verify the security settings for custom reports?  I am having this same problem on only one out of 6 users with only one report.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 1:00am

Go to Tools>>Setup>>System>>Security. Select the user id & the company. Make sure to select the product to be Microsoft Dynamics GP & the type: Custom Reports. Finally the select the series in which you have created the custom reports & give access to the selected user.

Good luck
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
EJNiels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJNiels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:25am
Thanks so much.  That did the trick.  I appreciate it.

-EJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:45am
Welcome any time Smile
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic