Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade Problem - GP9 Service Pack 2 to GP10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade Problem - GP9 Service Pack 2 to GP10
    Posted: September 28 2007 at 2:43am
Hi,

I am doing a test upgrade of TWO from GP9 SP2 to GP10.  However, I am stuck in the error that some of the tables was not succesfully upgraded.

To name them, the following are the tables:
- Budget Summary Master
- Distribution Account Master
- Purchasing Report Options
- XLImport

When I click for details the error explanation says "The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed."

The recommended action says to remoe the temporary table at the database level.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can shed a light on how to rectify this or steps on how to remove the temp table at database level.

Thanks much!

Sponsored Links

Joseph A Nader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph A Nader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 4:32am
Have you checked Microsoft's documentation on how to upgrade from GP 9.0 to GP 10.0. I guess they have mentioned some scripts that you need to run prior to the upgrade

Take Care.
Joseph Abou Nader, PMP

MCT
,MCTS,MCBMSS,MCSA
jknixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:28pm

<------

having the same issue but with the gp8 to gp9 upgrade.  Found the temp tables on the database level but does not give you the option to delete the tables.
chatrathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatrathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 10:04am
jedls & jknixon,

Before running the below script, restore you databases to the previous version (GP9 with sp2 if you are doing a GP9 to GP10 upgrade)

Run the following script:
DELETE DYNAMICS..DU000030

perform the upgrade again!!

Hope this helps!!
jdouet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdouet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 3:23pm
Check all of the on-line documentation on installation, as those files contain any scripts that may need to be run.  They're not printed in the docs, but are attached.
m_hammouz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_hammouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 1:28am
please can you send to me the messeger that apper for you, i have take acourse for upgrade and maybe i can help youSmile
mohannad hammouz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic