Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gp8 to gp9 upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gp8 to gp9 upgrade
    Posted: September 18 2007 at 5:52pm
I am trying to upgrade gp8 to gp9 on a VM with gp utilities.  The update seems to be going fine but when i get to the end the conversion status states that "company has errors from a previous update" when clicking details its states in the current version of 8.00.0007 and new version 9.00.0114. 

When clicking errors/warnings the error explanation states "the conversion process encountered an error and the temp table did not get removed.  Addictional information [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PA_restrictcustomerlist',tableHP1.dbo.PA01101'; column does not allow nulls.  INSERT fails."

Recommended action states to "remove the temporary table at the database level.

any suggestions on how to do this?   Any suggestions on what i can do with this error?

Thanks in advance!

Cry
Sponsored Links

jknixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 9:28am

Any ideas? anyone?!?!

LeslieVail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieVail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 4:21pm
Check for duplicate records in the PA01101 table
jknixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jknixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 1:40pm

Well just an FYI i went to that column and was able to find alot of nulls as the values.  There were also records with zero as the value.  No other value was seen in the column.  After all nulls were changed to 0 the upgrade was able to successfully upgrade.  Anyone think of anyreason why this would not be a good suggestion to take when updating great plains?.  This seemed to be the only solution.

LeslieVail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieVail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 5:26am
Hi,
Thanks for the follow-up.  Can't say why it happened but I've had this happen to me too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic